Non-motoring > Ill thought out name? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: swiss tony Replies: 12

Ill thought out name? - swiss tony
Maybe a little more thinking should have gone into the naming of this company?

tinyurl.com/cn8vata

Ill thought out name? - Crankcase
In similar vein, there's a new music shop about to open in Cambridge, in the premises of the now defunct Blockbuster.

It's called PMT Music.

I can only guess that if you ask why it's called thus, you'd get the answer through gritted teeth of "it just IS, ok?"

Ill thought out name? - Robin O'Reliant
Trotters Independent Trading Co did quite well though.
 Ill thought out name? - bathtub tom
The apocryphal, police Fast Action Response Team.
 Ill thought out name? - BiggerBadderDave
Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society

Red Dwarf.
 Ill thought out name? - henry k
One from the past that was not made public.
Qantas decided to call their new Boeing 747s - SUDs - Stretched Upper Deck.
All the publicity material was produced ready for the off.
At a late stage but just in time they were informed that SUD in medical terms stood for Sudden Unexplained Death!
The 747s were renamed Longreach.
 Ill thought out name? - Crankcase
Birdseye had a new fish product in the seventies that had to be hurriedly withdrawn from the shelves after it was pointed out that it was unlikely to be a best seller with the name "Birdseye Juicy Cod Pieces".
 Ill thought out name? - zookeeper
SNAFU works well
 Ill thought out name? - MD
MYOFB on a T shirt usually gets 'em asking.
 Ill thought out name? - sherlock47
South Herts Institute of Technology

very appropriate for a FE college in the 70s
 Ill thought out name? - Cockle
>> In similar vein, there's a new music shop about to open in Cambridge, in the
>> premises of the now defunct Blockbuster.
>>
>> It's called PMT Music.
>>
>> I can only guess that if you ask why it's called thus, you'd get the
>> answer through gritted teeth of "it just IS, ok?"
>>
>>
>>

Blimey, just had a look on their website, didn't realise they'd got so big.

Remember them starting up across the road from my workplace in Southend as ProMuTec back in the early 90's, don't know what they're like now but my son used to swear by them when he was playing a few years back; always seemed to get a good deal there.
 Ill thought out name? - Bromptonaut
An individual rather than an organisation but Guardian on Friday reported a case where an Employment Judge had recused herself from a part heard case.

Her name was Merry Cocks - I thought twice before Googling that at work to find more detail!!
 Ill thought out name? - TeeCee
I remember something of a hoohah when working for computer training and software company in the eighties.
They were about to launch a government funded basic IT course aimed at women. A secretary asked what the course was to be called to get the promotional material printed up.
The response she got was that the course was computer literacy, it should say something about Information Technology and that it was for women and to work it out for herself.

On the minus side, we had to pulp the print run. On the plus side we all got a good laugh out of it.
Latest Forum Posts