Non-motoring > The neighbours revenge. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 33

The neighbours revenge. - Old Navy
tinyurl.com/a9jhop3
Last edited by: Old Navy on Fri 25 Jan 13 at 10:01
 The neighbours revenge. - -
I have every sympathy with him, though i wonder if he tried to get some form of dialogue going before it got to this stage.

In a similar vein there a particular factory thats been there for years i deliver to in a lovely town, one or two of the neighbours in nearby houses seem to make as much problem for the company as possible.
Its one of only two good large employers in the vicinity and already takes its environmental responsibilities very seriously.

I wonder what people are thinking sometimes, if the factory closed not only would it devastate the local economy but there's every chance that at least some social housing would feature on the site, those current homeowners might wish they could turn the clock back.
 The neighbours revenge. - Fenlander
I know from experience on both sides of the fence (literally) that in the case of planning unreasonable opposition from homeowners will not stop a local authority passing a reasonable planning application. So there is more to this than the article tells.

Pathetic to threaten anything that will spoil the surrounding houses. I bet he'd be well chuffed if someone did the same near where he lives (assuming he doesn't live adj now).
Last edited by: Fenlander on Fri 25 Jan 13 at 10:29
Just checked it out and looked at his planning refusal. Nothing to do with complaints as such. He was seeking to build a very large agricultural barn where there was little sign of agricultural use (field bought for daughters horse activities) and so the application clearly didn't meet planning policy.

So why "punish" the nearby householders.

Lovely location when the tide's in though... overlooks the exclusive Osea island... and Bradwell power station outfall just up the road for some good fishing.
 The neighbours revenge. - Manatee
Sounds like one near here. The applications eventually morphed into an "animal shelter".

The shelter was halfway to a barn anyway, with some enclosed storage attached. I lost track then, but a barn did subsequently appear.

It's pretty obvious what he's up to, right on the edge of development, and if he isn't then he's one in a hundred.
 The neighbours revenge. - Fullchat
And then following on from the barn there will be the need for a dwelling for someone to live to manage the 'farm' and before you know it.
 The neighbours revenge. - Westpig
The more I've thought of this, the more I think he's a challenging, control freak 'male bird'.

Many people have to manage planning set backs and they don't throw their teddies out of the pram as this bloke has.

As an aside, how long before the PC brigade moan about his stereotypical views on Travellers/Gypsies?
 The neighbours revenge. - madf
If he does build a barn, odds on there will be an arson attack within a year.

He'an idiot - ensuring anyone who did not care before now dislikes him.

The neighbours revenge. - Zero
We need to get Gypsy Rose Pat down there with her caravan, we can all chip in and buy it cheap, then sell it at proper price.
 The neighbours revenge. - Pat
Just buying my sexy witch outfit on Ebay for New Years Eve 2013 in Looe....gonna get my legs out:)

I'm going to be freezing!

Pat
 The neighbours revenge. - Ambo
My right-wing neighbour was bugging me till I said I was going to move house and had had an offer from one of those nice young men who wear deadlocks.
 The neighbours revenge. - Crankcase
Sounds like you had a key argument there.
>> My right-wing neighbour was bugging me till I said I was going to move house
>> and had had an offer from one of those nice young men who wear deadlocks.
>>

Blimey, selling to a locksmith? That'll have them quivering in their boots.
Did he bolt?
Not fair to make jokes over a minor spelling error.

He'll be morticefied.
>> Did he bolt?
>>

Well educated apparently, went to Yale
 The neighbours revenge. - Clk Sec
>> Well educated apparently, went to Yale
>>

He should secure a key position.
Over a post lunch coffee public documents on the net provide more detail which shows what sort of guy the landowner is...

He applied for the new barn giving an address that corrupts the name of a nearby cottage (not his, he lives on a modern estate the other side of the village) to hint that there is already a farm in existance that's related to the application which of course there isn't. The proposed barn is a thumping great 100ftx36ft building (23ft high) which he intends to place right next to (and ruin in the process) a superbly located individual cottage down a private drive.

His access to the field seems to be over land owned by others (certainly no direct highway access) and he currently has no legal right to lay a water supply to the field/proposed barn.

The land has been used for grazing his daughter's ponies for the past year but when a proposed local authority site inspection was planned he removed them as, of course, they are not classed as agricultural use. In their place it seems he "borrowed" a couple of pigs to uphold the farming use.

The guy enjoys a scrap too having a crim record of affray and violent disorder.

So it seems indeed this is a chancer who has bought a bit of land with the sole intention of changing it's character and use for his own purposes.... which in time would probably extend well beyond the current planning application claims.

Far from the neighbours making his life hell it looks the other way round. Of course having been a print manager for the Daily Mail for 20yrs he would have no trouble getting an article printed that shows him in a good light.

Hope it's not Iffy.

Last edited by: Fenlander on Fri 25 Jan 13 at 13:54

Hope it's not Iffy.

lol.

No iffy would never do anything like that.. he owns thousands of acres already - probably...
Mind you he's a bit partial to a holiday caravan so perhaps a field by the beach would suit him.
Last edited by: Fenlander on Fri 25 Jan 13 at 15:47
Iffys in Jail. Something to do with unpaid parking "fines"
He certainly disappeared rather suddenly, but didn't Dave tell us a while ago that he was taking an extended break?
>>>Iffys in Jail. Something to do with unpaid parking "fines"

Yes that and 56 counts of obtaining money by deception in the now infamous fake mould in the hotel shower scam.
Last edited by: Fenlander on Fri 25 Jan 13 at 16:38
 The neighbours revenge. - BiggerBadderDave
Where's L'escargot? In prison with Iffy or pushing up daisies?
probably bought some slug killer.
 The neighbours revenge. - Ambo
Blimey, selling to a locksmith? That'll have them quivering in their boots. >>

Not an error. I said "deadlocks" to make the neighbour think that I didn't quite realise the implications but let that pass, let that pass.
 The neighbours revenge. - L'escargot
>> Where's L'escargot? ........... pushing up daisies?
>>

You should be so lucky!
 The neighbours revenge. - BiggerBadderDave
You're back! Hibernating?
>> You should be so lucky!
>>

Welcome back, L'escargot.

Yes indeed, welcome back.
 The neighbours revenge. - Alanovich
Hi L'es, nice to hear from you. Hope you're well.

Did you get here in an old Focus or a new V40?

:-)
 The neighbours revenge. - Fursty Ferret
>> And then following on from the barn there will be the need for a dwelling
>> for someone to live to manage the 'farm' and before you know it.
>>

Well, why not? It's his land. If the neighbours wanted a beautiful green field next to their houses then they should have bought it in the first place.

Have some sympathy for him.
 The neighbours revenge. - Fullchat
Likewise if he was unlikely to get planning permission because other than by bullying the neighbours or trying to outflank the planning laws he shouldn't have bought it or bought elsewhere.

The neighbours revenge. - Bromptonaut

>> Well, why not? It's his land. If the neighbours wanted a beautiful green field next
>> to their houses then they should have bought it in the first place.
>>
>> Have some sympathy for him.

If you want to secure your outlook you've got to buy the surrounding land?

Not much sympathy with that!
Latest Forum Posts