Non-motoring > Algarve Holidays Miscellaneous
Thread Author: rtj70 Replies: 15

Algarve Holidays - rtj70
What's the Algarve like in March? Anyone been? We're looking for a bit of respite after what looks like a cold winter. Cheap deals to Albufeira it seems (and other places).
 Algarve Holidays - Zero
In March? Think weather in Cornwall in March and you wont go far wrong. You wont be getting sunburn or walking to the bar at night in shirtsleeves. And its shut.
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 15 Jan 13 at 18:11
 Algarve Holidays - FocalPoint
Went a few years ago in late October and it was very pleasant.

Average high for March is about 19C - not bad.

We're going to Tenerife again at the end of February and it should be warmer - 21/22C.
 Algarve Holidays - Zero
Average 19c?, in march? no way Jose.
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 15 Jan 13 at 18:21
tinyurl.com/arj27xz
 Algarve Holidays - Zero
www.holiday-weather.com/albufeira/averages/
Your chart is only 1C different from the one I quoted.
 Algarve Holidays - Zero
look at the average, not the average high.
In my earlier message I said "average high 19C", to which you responded, "No way, Jose."

Now you have apparently decided you're talking about average, not average high.
 Algarve Holidays - Zero
I'm talking about no place to go in March if you want it warm.
"I'm talking about no place to go in March if you want it warm."

Yes, dear, of course.

We know you don't like to be caught out, but we love you for it.
 Algarve Holidays - Zero
Well if you think you have pulled on over on me, then I am only too pleased it makes you feel better.
 Algarve Holidays - No FM2R
Depends what you're looking for.

Firstly it is largely closed. Only facilities catering for locals will be open. That may or may not be an issue for you.

The weather will be more pleasant than England, but it will still rain, be cloudy and on occasion cold. Just more pleasant than England.

Albufeira is nasty. When I was first there it was a lovely little fishing village with a campsite about 5 miles out of town. It is now tourist nasty and in no real way does it cater for locals.

If you will be on the Algarve in March then you must be somewhere with a local population, not a tourist population.

I think that in then end I would not recommend it, despite the fact that I actually love the area myself. But I tend not to hang out in tourist towns, nor do I care about the ocean.

Last edited by: No FM2R on Tue 15 Jan 13 at 18:43
 Algarve Holidays - CGNorwich
The only places in "Europe" that you can count on being warm in March are the Canaries and Madeira and even there you can catch a rainy spell.

Cyprus you stand a reasonably chance of good weather but no guarantees.

Personally I wouldn't go to the Algarve in March but I would visit Lisbon which is a fascinating City for a short break.
 Algarve Holidays - Zero
>> The only places in "Europe" that you can count on being warm in March are
>> the Canaries and Madeira and even there you can catch a rainy spell.
>>
>> Cyprus you stand a reasonably chance of good weather but no guarantees.

Exactly, thought briefly about Cyprus, but decided the weather wasn't reasonable guaranteed so we went for Marrakech in March.
 Algarve Holidays - rtj70
Thanks all so far.
Latest Forum Posts