Non-motoring > I don't like Mondays.... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 63

I don't like Mondays.... - Pat
…..but yesterday was the best Monday for 10 years.

It’s very self indulgent to make this post but maybe I can justify it by wanting to bring more good news to balance the bad news we’ve had here recently.
The truth is, no matter how much I try, I just wanted to share it with you all!

For the last 10 years the Oncology clinic has been on a Monday morning. It’s seen so many emotions, fear, hope, trepidation.
The one thing we were always told that the longer you stay free of Cancer the better the chances are.

After 4 years and 2 months of having Hodgkin’s we had just started to relax a bit when Ian found he had testicular cancer which had already spread.

Yesterday was 5 years from when the treatment finished for that, and we waited for the results of the various tests done a couple of weeks ago.

Finally the good news came, there are no signs of cancer anymore.

Stay vigilant, self checks very frequently, contact us immediately if anything unusual occurs, but come back and see us in December 2013:)

It’s taken 10 years to get to annual hospital visits and to us, is such a positive step.

That black cloud that lurks has lifted, plans for the future can be made and this morning Ian has gone off to work with a spring in his step that has been missing for so long.

We went straight from Addenbrookes to Pioneer at Peterborough and confirmed the order for the new caravan, which we’d had on hold since its launch in September.
We had a fantastic celebratory late lunch and came home to find both of us were so relieved all we wanted to do was sleep!

This has been the reason for me being tetchy at times and to those affected, I do apologise!

Pat
 I don't like Mondays.... - Clk Sec
Good news, indeed. Best wishes to you both.

Clk Sec
 I don't like Mondays.... - hjd
Brilliant news, Pat!
 I don't like Mondays.... - Skip
Fantastic news Pat. My best wishes for the future to both of you.
 I don't like Mondays.... - Duncan
Excellent news Pat.

Good luck for the future.
 I don't like Mondays.... - Manatee
No apology needed. I'm sure we're all happy to hear the good news, and wish you the best.
Last edited by: Manatee on Tue 11 Dec 12 at 08:55
 I don't like Mondays.... - Zero

If you or any of your family have issues that have been caused by pats tetchyness, CFP have set up a 24 hour helpline and counselling service, where you can speak to trained insulters and abusers. Calls are charged at £1.36 a minute, please ensure you have the bill payers permission to phone
 I don't like Mondays.... - legacylad
that is good news....

I also had a good Monday.My Mum had her 85th at the weekend and was quite teary...old age, losing friends etc , so took her to Grange over Mud (Morecambe Bay) yesterday. Walked along the prom with her & her dog, had lunch outside in the sun, went thru the ornamental gardens and (motoring theme) I kicked a few tyres at the Audi dealer at Lindale, Hadwins I think, en route home.
Cheered her up no end..and the sun is still shining.
 I don't like Mondays.... - Roger.
Excellent news.
To Ian:- Keep on trucking!
To Pat:- You are one of our favourite ladies! ;-)
 I don't like Mondays.... - helicopter
Good News Pat , I am happy for you and Ian and I hope it stays away...stay vigilant.

I don't like Mondays.... - MD
Undo the Grumblies someone. Well done Zeddo. I think Pat will be smiling.
 I don't like Mondays.... - Alanovich
Pat, delighted to hear your news.

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in January 2009 (aged 38 then). She's been through the radio/chemo mill of course and is still on medications. Her tests are twice a year until that magical 5-years-from-the-end-of-treatment date, which comes in late 2014 for her.

Her next examinations and tests? Today, 2pm. She's like a cat on a hot tin roof at the moment, it's a horrible thing to have to put up with - the prospect of leaving small children motherless leaves her in a virtually constant state of panic and despair. Like you, I'd like to apologise to all on here for any tetchiness I may be exhibiting at the moment, but I imagine it's hard to spot the difference from my usual irascibility.

All the best to you and yours.

I don't like Mondays.... - oilburner
Great news Pat. I hope you have many happy holidays in your new 'van! :)
 I don't like Mondays.... - rtj70
Good news Pat and Ian :-)

Enjoy annoying following cars with the new caravan ;-)
 I don't like Mondays.... - Old Navy
Excellent news, enjoy the new van !
 I don't like Mondays.... - movilogo
This is really a good news.

The greatest wealth is health.

Wish you all the best.

I don't like Mondays.... - neiltoo
What they all said

8o)

Neil
 I don't like Mondays.... - Boxsterboy
Good news, and good luck for the future.
 I don't like Mondays.... - Armel Coussine
It couldn't not happen to a more deserving couple. More power to you both.
 I don't like Mondays.... - DP
Excellent news. :-)
 I don't like Mondays.... - commerdriver
really great news Pat
Hope your other half got on OK this afternoon Al, keep battling
Thanks for all the good wishes and special thoughts and fingers crossed for Mrs Alanovic this afternoon.

Pat
>> Thanks for all the good wishes and special thoughts and fingers crossed for Mrs Alanovic
>> this afternoon.
>>
>> Pat

Hear, hear. for Mrs. A. XXXXX (fingers)
Last edited by: Roger on Tue 11 Dec 12 at 15:16
 I don't like Mondays.... - madf
Well done Pat.

Tetchy? You? Never noticed it :-)
 I don't like Mondays.... - Londoner
+27 to all the congratulations! :-)
 I don't like Mondays.... - Robin O'Reliant
Fantastic news, congrats to you both.

And good luck Alanovic, Mrs RR was diagnosed with breast cancer in '94 and fortunately made a full recovery so we know what you're going through.
Last edited by: Robin Regal on Tue 11 Dec 12 at 17:09
Now I know why I like hanging around here...you're all a load of big softies really:)

Pat
 I don't like Mondays.... - Old Navy
>> Now I know why I like hanging around here...you're all a load of big softies
>> really:)
>>
>> Pat
>>

Trust a woman to suss that out. :-)
 I don't like Mondays.... - R.P.
@ Pat...... XX
>> @ Pat...... XX
>>
Oi!

We're not THAT soft.
>> Now I know why I like hanging around here...you're all a load of big softies
>> really:)
>>
>> Pat

Err!!!!! Excuse me!!!! who is the one person on here who didnt come over all Doris Day?
But I took it in the way it was intended and didn't flounce, did I?

You see Z, it's like this....

I've worked with men long enough to know that some of them say what they don't mean, can't say what they do mean and frequently say too much when they do say something.

I reckon you fit all of those categories and I would have been worried at empathy from you;)

Pat
>> But I took it in the way it was intended and didn't flounce, did I?
>>
>> You see Z, it's like this....
>>
>> I've worked with men long enough to know that some of them say what they
>> don't mean, can't say what they do mean and frequently say too much when they
>> do say something.
>>
>> I reckon you fit all of those categories and I would have been worried at
>> empathy from you;)

Some of us dont need to say dick cos you know what we are thinking anyway,
:)

Pat
 I don't like Mondays.... - Westpig
>> That black cloud that lurks has lifted, plans for the future can be made and
>> this morning Ian has gone off to work with a spring in his step that
>> has been missing for so long.

What a nice post..and just before Crimble.
"Crimble"? I thought the Antipodean contraction was "Chrimbo"?
>> "Crimble"? I thought the Antipodean contraction was "Chrimbo"?
>>
Crimble
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Crimble or Krimble is a slang term for Christmas coined by The Beatles as part of their 1964 Christmas record issued via the Beatles Fan Club. It is believed to have been coined by John Lennon given his penchant for wordplay. The term has come into general use among Liverpudlians, though use has spread to the wider world.

....inc Devon...;-)
I thought it was Scouse thing !
>> I thought it was Scouse thing !
>>
No idea how it got down here?
 I don't like Mondays.... - Runfer D'Hills
>>No idea how it got down here?

Come now WP, you of all people should know that Scousers can get you anything as long as you don't mind having to retrospectively remove the security tags...

:-)
Happy Christmas Pat ( and Mr Pat ) Great news !
Blame Brookside and the fragrant Heather Haversham....
Oh so you've got a thing about Irish birds too then? I kinda favour Dervla Kirwan ( Ballykissangel ) or any of the female Corrs...

www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=Bj6nhpC5Qbo

:-)
 I don't like Mondays.... - BiggerBadderDave
Congrats Pat etc. etc. etc.

Could we come to an arrangement and help me to check mine too?

I reckon fifty quid a session, every Tuesday and Thursday.

Cheers!

(I'll show you what I like and I've shaved them ready)

>> I reckon fifty quid a session, every Tuesday and Thursday.
>>
Come off it Dave, Pat can't afford a oner a week on a truckers wage.
 I don't like Mondays.... - MD
All the very best Ian. After my Prostate op in 2005 I was monitored 3 then 6 monthly and now signed off, but with regular PSA tests. Huge sigh of relief every time it shows nothing. Onwards and upward young man. Chip chip.

Take care both...............Martin.
 I don't like Mondays.... - WillDeBeest
Blimey, I'm late to this one. Wot the others have already said, Pat. Well done all round.
 I don't like Mondays.... - mikeyb
Glad to hear something positive and at this time of year to!

This year has been a bit up and down for us, but hopefully we can start 2013 on a positive and put the last 12 months behind us
 I don't like Mondays.... - Ted

Yeah...great to hear about Ian, Trish. Now he's feeling better you'll be able to rack up the nagging about all those household jobs he's been shirking ! XXXX

Best wishes to Mrs A as well.

Our ops manager, who I've know for about 30 yrs suddenly found he had some C in his neck late in 2011. That Chrimble was very low key for his family. This year, he's been given the all clear and promises his lot the best time they've ever had.

Medicine moves on, I guess......thank god.

Ted
 I don't like Mondays.... - Bromptonaut
All the best Pat. Enjoy the van and keep winding up us cyclists; we enjoy the challenge.
 I don't like Mondays.... - Armel Coussine
I too hope Ms Alanović got reassuring news.
Has to be done daily Dave, so we'll have to negotiate a bit on price:)

However, if you only have one left I am an expert at advising how to balance your pocket contents to prevent walking round in circles!

Pat
I was a bit concerned this morning that Alanavic hasn't been here but I would imagine Mrs A will have that 7 days wait after the appointment to check blood tests and Xrays.

Then for us, it's always been 'If you don't hear anything, it's OK'.

If only they would ring and tell you that as soon as they know...

Pat

I don't like Mondays.... - Clk Sec
Hoping Mrs A has/will receive good news.
Last edited by: Clk Sec on Wed 12 Dec 12 at 06:17
 I don't like Mondays.... - Crankcase
Very late to the party on this one, but even grinch that I am, congrats to Ms/Mr P and best to Mrs A of course.

I don't like Mondays.... - Fullchat
Even later. Excellent news. Sort of puts other things in perspective. Let me also wish you both well and Merry Christmas.
 I don't like Mondays.... - Alanovich
Thanks Pat, and everyone, for the kind words. There is unfortunately something to investigate as an upshot of yesterday's proceedings, but I'm confident it'll turn out to be benign. She will have to have further examination and perhaps a biopsy, but this has happened twice before and was both times benign and put down to side effects of a medication, which she has now been advised to stop.

Fingers crossed, but we may well have a slightly worrying Christmas. Chins are being kept up, upper lips stiffened.
........and fingers crossed for Madame A, as well.
That's a shame but let's hope it all goes as before.

We'll all be thinking of you both so please let us know as soon as you get a result, and my fingers will be firmly crossed.

Pat
 I don't like Mondays.... - Dutchie
Nasty is cancer not easy to battle.Been there.
 I don't like Mondays.... - devonite
Heard the other day that they are now training Dogs (Labs and springers) to detect Cancer in folk by smell, that`ll make it cheaper and quicker than waiting for a Cat-scan (Oops! unintentional pun not intended!)
Best of luck
 I don't like Mondays.... - Dutchie
Sniffer Dogs detecting longcancer.Cant' see that working by the time they have a sniff it's to late.
 I don't like Mondays.... - RattleandSmoke
Only just read this as I don't come on here as often as I used to, just wanted to say I am very pleased that the ordeal is hopefully over. It is also so nice to hear some good news about the dreaded cancer rather than the usual doom and gloom.
Latest Forum Posts