Non-motoring > Central eating. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 12

Central eating. - henry k
www.metro.co.uk/news/911954-london-underground-pop-up-cafe-set-to-roll-back-years-at-design-festival

From this to Costa or a mobile sandwich bar van ?
 Central eating. - L'escargot
There are not many not wearing a hat of some sort.
 Central eating. - Mike Hannon
Quite right too. I have one deerstalker, one Fedora, two Panamas, two waterproof trilbys and a cap. And they are all worn from time to time.
In the words of the famous ad slogan 'get ahead, get a hat'.
 Central eating. - L'escargot
>> Quite right too. I have one deerstalker, one Fedora, two Panamas, two waterproof trilbys and
>> a cap.

What about a sou'wester?
 Central eating. - Ted

>> What about a sou'wester?

I'd decline that if I were you, Mike.
It sounds a bit kinky !

Ted
>>
 Central eating. - Dog
I must be cracking up! - I first read the fred title as central heating :(
 Central eating. - Runfer D'Hills
I always feel an urge to slap people who put a straw hat on their parcel shelf. Can't explain it to be honest. Just feels right. Never actually done it, just an urge you know !
 Central eating. - Meldrew
Superior to the box of tissues in a rhinestone and sequin adorned case on the shelf, beloved of the East of Suez min-cab drivers!
 Central eating. - Armel Coussine
I don't think I own a hat at the moment. Panamas are a bit dear and I forgot to get a sombrero in Spain.

There used to be a geezer in the Grove who wore a deerstalker, Ulster tweed jacket and cavalry twill trousers I think, a strangely perfect outfit that included a fine upturned Edwardian moustache. I thought he looked a bit of a prat actually, unlike chalkstripesuited, fedora-wearing, grinning George Melly (RIP) who one used to see in the bank.

Herself is a keen and earnest gardener among many talents and I want to get her one of those cute Vietnamese peasants' conical sunhats. She's got the cheekbones for it.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Sat 15 Sep 12 at 19:33
 Central eating. - devonite
The Hostess makes me Bobble-Hats, great for the ole lugs in winter!
Last edited by: devonite on Sat 15 Sep 12 at 20:52
 Central eating. - MD
>> Herself is a keen and earnest gardener among many talents and I want to get her one of those cute Vietnamese peasants' conical sunhats. She's got the cheekbones for it.
>>
Tying her laces was she? (0:-:0)
 Central eating. - Armel Coussine
>> Tying her laces was she? (0:-:0)

Oh really MD... if you don't notice the nyash at the outset it's no go.

But those Vietnamese sunhats are real. I made sort of friends in Algiers with the Vietnamese press attaché in the late seventies. He was a nice cat actually, but diplomats are circumscribed.

Vietnam was quite po-faced just then, exaggeratedly respectable and very poor of course. When I went to meet comrade Thuc for the first time he came in from the large embassy garden sweating a bit and wearing one of those hats. Several of his colleagues were still out there fettling the spring onions and so on. I bet they hated it as much as (reading between the lines) he did. They didn't have their families with them like the diplomats of rich countries. It was drudgery.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Sat 15 Sep 12 at 23:07
 Central eating. - devonite
>>. He was a nice cat actually, but diplomats are circumscribed.

Well, I never knew they had to be Jewish!!!
Latest Forum Posts