Non-motoring > Why pedal... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Iffy Replies: 5

Why pedal... - Iffy
...when you can use steam:

www.liveleak.com/view?i=334_1347477946

Why pedal... - Zero
Not sure I want a home made high pressure boiler and fire between my legs.
 Why pedal... - Runfer D'Hills
Aye well, y'ken, it's kinda normal for us like...

:-))
 Why pedal... - Armel Coussine
Looked about as user-friendly as the Chinese strap-on 2-stroke I tried a year or so back. In that case the bike, an old off-roader with worn telescopic forks, felt too dodgy to enable the on-off power of the screamer to be enjoyed.

I do love that steam thing although thick leather gaiters on the cyclist's legs might make it feel safer. Oh, and footrests. And brakes. And a bit of work on throttle control. Seems to have a mind of its own like any proper machine.

:o}
 Why pedal... - Armel Coussine
I have forwarded the link to three people and two have replied. One complains that the bike makes a lot of smoke - honestly what would one expect from a wood-fired boiler? - but the other, more encouragingly, wants his wife to have one to go shopping in the nearest small town.

I think on that basis it might be worth contacting the inventor to see whether a limited run of improved* wood-fired steam bikes could be produced. An amusing stopgap enterprise for Sheikh Rattolo perhaps since he is feeling restless?

:o}

*Footrests, brakes, leather gaiters for driver's legs, and perhaps an anchor for those wailing throttle-stuck-wide-open Swedish moments...
 Why pedal... - bathtub tom
>> Not sure I want a home made high pressure boiler and fire between my legs.

Keep you warm in winter and give you somewhere to roast your nuts.
Latest Forum Posts