Non-motoring > Celebrity net worth Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 11

Celebrity net worth - L'escargot
Starting with Sir Jackie Stewart ....... tinyurl.com/8r3xno4
 Celebrity net worth - bathtub tom
I think he was renowned for keeping his money to himself. I never liked him.
 Celebrity net worth - Mike Hannon
I hope the past tense is a mistake?
There was a very revealing interview with him in Motor Sport last year. I like him now more than I did.
I've never understood why the Sunday Times 'Rich List' exists or anything else of that genre. What's the matter with people?
 Celebrity net worth - rtj70
He is a former racing driver. If that's what you're referring to. So the tense is correct.
 Celebrity net worth - Falkirk Bairn
JS did not start out life the best - true his parents were well off - Vx dealership when Vx was the 3rd/4th biggest UK brand and 90% of people bought UK cars. He was & is, however, dyslexic.....and was regarded as thick @ school - they did not know of the problem till later.

Since retiring from driving, he has advised drivers and teams on all aspects of racing.

In a program a few years back he took a motoring journalist for a days' tuition on the race track.

IIRC the journalist did say 90 second lap.............after 6 /7 hours he did 70 seconds.........but just to show there was life in the old dog he did a demo lap in 55 seconds (in the same car) - touch of class driving skills that were still with him.

The Journalist was mightily impressed with his improvement but was in awe of the 70+ year old dog's skills.
 Celebrity net worth - neiltoo
He was instrumental in massive advances in safety for GP drivers.
 Celebrity net worth - Zero
He will be upset that Prof Sid Watkins, who did just as much, has died.
 Celebrity net worth - neiltoo
Indeed.
 Celebrity net worth - Meldrew
ISTR that it was James May in a Top Gear episode
 Celebrity net worth - madf
Yes : James May.

Brill episode.
 Celebrity net worth - Mike Hannon
Jackie Stewart's racing career might be in the past but his money and how he manages it is in the present. ;-D
 Celebrity net worth - mikeyb
Jenson Button's worth more and a dam sight younger.

As they say, you cant take it with you
Latest Forum Posts