Non-motoring > Unwanted telephone calls Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 9

Unwanted telephone calls - L'escargot
I thought we'd solved the problem of unwanted "international" and "number withheld" telephone calls by having "caller display" on all our telephones and not answering the calls. One caller isn't satisfied with that, and they then proceed to leave an unwanted message saying that we haven't claimed our free loft insulation.
 Unwanted telephone calls - smokie
www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/whatistps.html and if you want to spend money to make it better www.optoutuk.com/privacy_products
 Unwanted telephone calls - John H
>> if you want to spend money
>>

www.smithgear.com/block-phone-calls.html

eg. if you get a Panasonic cordless with the block calls feature,

"Many newer Panasonic phone system models now have a call block feature that allows you to block unwanted calls. If you subscribe to caller ID through your phone company, you can use this feature on your Panasonic phone to block incoming telemarketing and other calls. Certain Panasonic phone systems also allow you to block calls when no number is present. This allows you to block "Out of Area" and "Private Caller" calls whose number isn't in the caller ID data. The Panasonic phone system call block feature is simple to use and will block between 20 and 30 numbers, depending on the model. You can use it either in place of or as a supplement to call blocking service provided by your telephone company. "

Unwanted telephone calls - VxFan
>> eg. if you get a Panasonic cordless with the block calls feature,

Yep, that's what I have. Just need to add the callers number to the blocked list.
 Unwanted telephone calls - Duncan
The problem with the 'call blocking' system is that it blocks 'number withheld' and 'unobtainable' calls. Some of these may from hospitals or GP surgeries.

I have learned to live with these calls. I ask them what they want or where (geographically) they are calling from and then hang up when I establish that it is not a call that I want.

I think it is quite easy to get oneself into an unnecessary lather about these things. I don't play games - normally - with the caller. I think that the people actually making these calls must have a pretty rotten life, so why make it worse for them?
 Unwanted telephone calls - Iffy
...if you want to spend money...

www.truecall.co.uk/

Unwanted telephone calls - NortonES2
Our Panasonic has a 20-number block feature: it filled up quite a time ago. We now use Truecall which seems to be more effective. Blocks the dreaded international callers, and those who withhold numbers. However, the first unit was afflicted by gremlins. New unit supplied without quibble. We'll see how this does. TPS seems to be ignored: it's a poor, toothless thing run by the marketing industry. Says it makes reports of transgressors to the Information Commisssioner, which seems to be a terrestrial black hole.
 Unwanted telephone calls - devonite
I can honestly say, hand on Heart, We don`t get them any more! ;-)
 Unwanted telephone calls - devonite
For those who are not comfy using the "Devonite" method, there is a device available that sounds to be pretty good! (if you believe reviews that is!)

Tis called Truecall and they have a website for you to visit if interested.
 Unwanted telephone calls - Ambo
I just this minute got the loft insulation call, L'escargot. I range off but the caller then left a message, or so I believe: it was impossible to understand.
Latest Forum Posts