Non-motoring > Is this true? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 37

Is this true? - MD
Subject: Police Instructions - Bedfordshire Police -- THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE
THESE ARE INSTRUCTIONS HANDED OUT TO ALL OFFICERS AT C.I.D COURSES AND ANTI-TERRORISTS COURSES IN THE BEDFORDSHIRE FORCE/SERVICE
UK’s Bedfordshire Police’s rules regarding terrorists and dangerous criminals

If they’re non-Muslim

• Consider the most opportune time of day to be able to arrest suspects with minimum resistance
• Apply all necessary force to enter the premises and arrest suspects accordingly.

If they’re Muslim:

• Community leaders must be consulted before raids into Muslim houses.
• Officers must not search occupied bedrooms and bathrooms before dawn.
• Use of police dogs will be considered serious desecration of the premises.
• Cameras and camcorders should not be used in case of capturing women in inappropriate dress.
• If people are praying at home officers should stand aside and not disrupt the prayer.
They should be allowed the opportunity to finish.
• Officers should take their shoes off before raiding a Muslim house.
• The reasons for pre-dawn raids on Muslim houses needs to be clear and transparent.
• Officers must not touch holy books or religious artefacts without permission.
• Muslim prisoners should be allowed to take additional clothing to the station.

With this continuing appeasement, no wonder it’s now predicted that
Britain will become an Islamic state by 2070.
(Time to think about your children.)

Well. What do the panel think and do our Bib here have a view as to the truth of this or not.

Cheers, MD

Is this true? - Zero
>>
>> Well. What do the panel think

I think you're a tit.
 Is this true? - Dutchie
Make that two tits.>:)
 Is this true? - Armel Coussine
Three even.
 Is this true? - MD
Just trying to keep abreast of the facts.
 Is this true? - Dog
Larf! - I almost choked on me mackerel salad with Cornish new potatoes :)

لا إلهَ إلاّ اللّهُ
 Is this true? - Manatee
Bits of it are true, unless the following is also a hoax.

www.hoax-slayer.com/instructions-bedfordshire-police.shtml
 Is this true? - Lygonos
And there's more Porsches in Greece than fingers on a Norfolker.

I hope the OP was a joke Martin?
 Is this true? - R.P.
Do you really believe that is true ???
 Is this true? - Manatee
>> Do you really believe that is true ???
>>

Now you wouldn't be replying to the wrong post would you Rob ;-)
 Is this true? - Manatee
>>I hope the OP was a joke Martin?

Not an unreasonable question as it turned out - the grain of truth is larger than I expected, and rather worrying. The denial from Bedfordshire police is half hearted to say the least.

Real people in positions of authority really do do and say stupid things.
 Is this true? - R.P.
Anybody who thinks that that load of politically correct nonsense written by some desk driving civi on 50k a year is going to make any difference in the real world is wrong.
 Is this true? - zookeeper
now for genuine police stupidity check this out, what did the cops expect the dog to do when they burst into the guys flat.....bake them a cake?

www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/europe/united-kingdom/120323/britain-dog-mauls-5-police-officers-owner-charged
 Is this true? - R.P.
So what do you expect them to do Zookeeper - write an editorial for the Guardian ?
 Is this true? - sooty123
From the link.

'no warning given to the officers carrying out yesterday's raid that there could be a dangerous dog on the premises.'

I did think it was a bit off the others left the copper the dog took a liking to on his own.
Last edited by: sooty123 on Tue 7 Aug 12 at 21:27
 Is this true? - zookeeper
but he was under suspicion of kidnap and GBH ....but somehow they missed the dog? look they were going to give him and his dog a good kicking and misjudged the consequences
 Is this true? - R.P.
I'm sorry I must be reading and looking at something different.
 Is this true? - MD
It was posted to see the reaction. Clearly it seems a bit extreme, but is it given that the powers that be seem to want to allow all and sundry seemingly exceptional rights, but to stop us Christians having Christmas, children singing about black sheep etc. You get the picture. I bet there is a grain of truth in it.
 Is this true? - Zero
>> , but to stop us Christians having Christmas, children singing about black sheep
>> etc. You get the picture.

Awwwww You poor persecuted Christian you.

And you are still being a tit
 Is this true? - sooty123
well the first 2 are easy to know about, unless the put him under surveillance how would they know about the dog? Not sure how you figured the second bit out.
Last edited by: sooty123 on Tue 7 Aug 12 at 21:34
 Is this true? - R.P.
They probably wish they'd consulted with Mystic Meg now.
 Is this true? - Manatee
The police certainly didn't cover themselves in glory that time, and a weapon dog is presumably always a possibility when dealing with the criminal class.
 Is this true? - R.P.
Easy to be armchair experts isn't it.
 Is this true? - Manatee
Some cases are easier than others I find!
 Is this true? - Zero
Generally speaking coppers are scared of dogs, far too many have been bitten by their own police dogs!

It's relatively easy, if you are trained, to handle a pit bull. The boys in that one played right into its jaws so to speak.

And yes I have experience outside the armchair!

Is this true? - Runfer D'Hills
Mother-in-law?
 Is this true? - Zero
>> Mother-in-law?

The pit bull was more loveable
 Is this true? - Armel Coussine
>> The pit bull was more loveable

Heh heh heh

Oh heh heh...

Don't know why that makes me laugh. Simple-minded I'm afraid.

I have had two official mothers in law. Didn't like one, greatly admired and loved the other. Both could cut you to ribbons as soon as look at you.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Wed 8 Aug 12 at 01:18
 Is this true? - sooty123

>> It's relatively easy, if you are trained, to handle a pit bull. The boys in
>> that one played right into its jaws so to speak.
>>
>> And yes I have experience outside the armchair!
>>
Go on then! ;-)
 Is this true? - Zero
If anyone is still interested tomorrow and I have more than the iPhone I will explain
 Is this true? - R.P.
I know you do Zero. I can feel a flounce coming on.
 Is this true? - Zero
>> I know you do Zero. I can feel a flounce coming on.

Really? Are off somewhere then?

I should add I am on a slow moving train cos some tit thre themselves
Under a train
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 7 Aug 12 at 22:41
 Is this true? - Westpig
>> but he was under suspicion of kidnap and GBH ....but somehow they missed the dog?

If you are doing a warrant or arrest enquiry with a dangerous dog likely to be there, you take the dog section with you, because they have the equipment and skills to deal with it.

They are very much a finite resource, they are becoming less and less, they are expensive. You could not possibly have that sort of resource with you on every occasion or most occasions or 'just in case'.

How would you know in advance if there's a Fido there? If you do know, how would you know it's a big bad one? Sometimes the intel is good, sometimes not.

>> look they were going to give him and his dog a good kicking and misjudged
>> the consequences

Giving someone a good kicking, isn't good for trying to convict someone, it can evoke sympathy in a court (when the photos are shown)..and..a complaint (all crooks know how to complain) can cast doubt on police evidence. ...So that's that theory out the window.
 Is this true? - Mike H
All the unnecessary capitals make the OP look like a cut 'n' paste from a rabid email. THIS IS NOT A HOAX PASS IT ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS. Hmmm.
Last edited by: Mike H on Tue 7 Aug 12 at 22:11
 Is this true? - Dave_
>> cut 'n' paste from a rabid email

There seems to have been a glut of badly written, misinformed and inflammatory emails and faceybook pages in the last few weeks, covering perceived racism, disability discrimination and freedom of expression. What alarms me is the deluge of badly written, misinformed and inflammatory responses these items attract from normally level-headed folk.
 Is this true? - MD
As someone said, MH I think, I only cut and pasted it. Lots of TITS on the nuts this morning. (0:-:0)
 Is this true? - John H
>> There seems to have been a glut of badly written, misinformed and inflammatory

This was in the Guardian a month ago:
www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jul/08/muslims-public-life-abuse

>> deluge of badly written, misinformed and inflammatory responses
>>

Responses ran to 31 pages before the comments were closed off!

followed by
www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jul/10/stand-mehdi-hasan-torrent-islamophobic-abuse

Last edited by: John H on Wed 8 Aug 12 at 08:11
 Is this true? - Dutchie
If this article is true then there is a problem in my opinion Martin.But a wider issue does intergration of different cultures work? Look at the girl who got murdered by her parents,they didn't like her having any western influence.Why living here if people won't accept this culture.
Do I look at this to simplistic.
Latest Forum Posts