Non-motoring > Toilet roll tube diameter Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 12

Toilet roll tube diameter - bathtub tom
I must be getting really bored as I think the centres of bog paper rolls are smaller in diameter. Well what do you think about when you're sitting there?

The last lot SWMBO got are Sainsbury's super soft. The centre tube's about 38mm diameter.

I imagine the manufacturers try to get them as small as possible to reduce transport costs, but there must be some physical limitation otherwise they'd be even smaller.

More importantly, how's this going to affect Blue Peter style junk modelling?
 Toilet roll tube diameter - CGNorwich
www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2012/apr/20/sainsburys-toilet-roll-carbon-emissions
 Toilet roll tube diameter - L'escargot
>> www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2012/apr/20/sainsburys-toilet-roll-carbon-emissions

For me the important dimension is the inside diameter of the tube, and it doesn't quote that. Our toilet roll holder requires a minimum inside diameter of the tube of 31 mm.
>> >> www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2012/apr/20/sainsburys-toilet-roll-carbon-emissions
>>
>> For me the important dimension is the inside diameter of the tube, and it doesn't
>> quote that. Our toilet roll holder requires a minimum inside diameter of the tube of
>> 31 mm.
>>

The wall thickness {i.e. (Outside diameter - inside diameter)/2 } of the roll when new should not exceed 55 mm.
 Toilet roll tube diameter - bathtub tom
>> www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2012/apr/20/sainsburys-toilet-roll-carbon-emissions

Thanks CGN, nice to know I'm not imagining it.
 Toilet roll tube diameter - Cliff Pope
There must be a proper name for students and collectors of bog rolls and tubes.

I have noticed that some bargain brands are a) larger diameter tube or b) shorter.
Both presumably a way of incorporating a hidden price rise.

Why do certain brands have a solid chunk of sheet glued together at the start, so that you can't break in without wasting paper?
>> There must be a proper name for students and collectors of bog rolls and tubes.

I googled for "toilet roll aficionado" but drew a blank. However, I did discover that Simon Cowell insists on £10 a roll black toilet paper for his homes. tinyurl.com/742beyj
Last edited by: L'escargot on Mon 6 Aug 12 at 10:39
 Toilet roll tube diameter - henry k
>>but there must be some physical limitation otherwise they'd be even smaller.
>>
If they were any smaller they would not go past the the "little kick up" at the end of my toilet roll holder without squashing the roll so my brand loyalty would change :-)

>>The centre tube's about 38mm diameter.
As I do not have a mechanical measuring device to hand by my throne a quick MK I eyeball test suggests my rolls have about a 50mm tube.

>>More importantly, how's this going to affect Blue Peter style junk modelling?
Maybe collect a stockpile from the 2012 activities?

Toilet roll tube diameter - Manatee
The cheapo ones have a bigger hole to make them look better value than they are.

Costco ones have a 45mm tube. To pre-empt the next phases of this discussion, there are 260 sheets per roll of 3 ply sheet, each sheet is 124x110mm, minimum roll length is 32.2m, total area for a 4 pack is 14.2 sq.m. (not from memory).

I don't know how I ever had time to work.
 Toilet roll tube diameter - Zero

>>
>> I don't know how I ever had time to work.

Well you had to do something while the martian lander was on its journey.
>> I don't know how I ever had time to work.
>>

Nor me.
 Toilet roll tube diameter - Iffy
...I don't know how I ever had time to work...

Obvious.

Sitting on the pot working things out is one of life's little pleasures.

Toilet roll tube diameter - devonite
The constipated mathematician worked it out with a pencil!
Latest Forum Posts