Non-motoring > Chevrolet - Man United sponsorship
Thread Author: Ian (Cape Town) Replies: 20

Chevrolet - Man United sponsorship - Ian (Cape Town)
Manchester United have signed a seven-year sponsorship deal with General Motors to have the Chevrolet brand on their shirts from 2014, the club said on Monday.

GREAT! I don't know who I hate more - United or Chev!

Even more reason to despise the Trafford muppets!

(Oh, and they've just launched a new kit. Which means this time next year there'll be ANOTHER new kit... )
Last edited by: Ian (Cape Town) on Mon 30 Jul 12 at 16:08
 Chevrolet - Man United sponsorship - Zero
When I first saw that I thought they were signing a deal with CHAVrolet.

Wait for the first car to appear, The Chevrolet Prawn Sarnie.
 Chevrolet - Man United sponsorship - MD
Nice one Zeddo.
 Chevrolet - Man United sponsorship - Iffy
...chavrolet...

Speaking of yobs, looks like there might be an extra one at the Boleyn Ground next season:

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19056545
 Chevrolet - Man United sponsorship - Zero
Apparently Andy Carroll went to "The Peas" Concert, didn't like their music. The rest is history.
 Chevrolet - Man United sponsorship - Meldrew
It will have a girlie mod to the the heater so that it can be used as a hair drier
 Chevrolet - Man United sponsorship - ....
That's going to smart for Fergie trading in an A8 for 2.0 diesel Cruze.
 Chevrolet - Man United sponsorship - lancara
Bad news for Vauxhall and Opel brands?
 Chevrolet - Man United sponsorship - Kevin
Hey you lot!

Nothing wrong with a Chevy as long as it has a Small Block under the hood.
 Chevrolet - Man United sponsorship - MD
Is that with 4 on the floor?
Mine's an auto.

A 6-speed manual was a no-cost option but came with a stupid skip-shift feature (sic) that blocks off 2nd and 3rd gears if you don't pull away smartly, meaning you have to go 1st to 4th. Most owners disable it.
 Chevrolet - Man United sponsorship - Alastairw
I thought the Chevy deal was just for the seats in the dugout - sponsored by Audi up to now.

I also think Chevy have done a deal with Liverpool too - talk about haveing a foot in both camps!
 Chevrolet - Man United sponsorship - madf
oops

www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-31/gm-said-to-oust-marketing-chief-over-soccer-jersey-deal.html
 Chevrolet - Man United sponsorship - WillDeBeest
...skip-shift feature (sic) that blocks off 2nd and 3rd gears if you don't pull away smartly...

Eh? At the risk of straying into Motoring, what's that supposed to achieve?

Back to sponsorship; presumably there's a large cheque attached to these Daewoo shirts. Remember how close last season's Premiership was - it came down to the last million pounds - so the must be calculating this will give them what they need to buy back the title.

Will the new away strip feature a tweed hat and a beige zip-up jacket?
 Chevrolet - Man United sponsorship - devonite
The "New" home kit that Fergie wanted was all black, with FIFA badge on chest, complete with watch and whistle!
 Chevrolet - Man United sponsorship - ....
Why would he want that devonite I thought I read somewhere Fergie said he would do whatever it takes to hang on to Howard Webb for the 2012/13 season.
>Eh? At the risk of straying into Motoring, what's that supposed to achieve?

Lower emissions.

Once they're rolling, they will pull happily in 4th gear from around 15mph to over 140.
 Chevrolet - Man United sponsorship - Lygonos
>>Once they're rolling, they will pull happily in 4th gear from around 15mph to over 140.

I think one of the Dodge Viper's party pieces was to run alongside a contemporary Ferrari at 30mph and then both cars floored it... the Viper stayed in 4th gear throughout, the Ferrari went up through the box from 2nd gear.

Somewhere around 130mph the Viper passed the Ferrari.
 Chevrolet - Man United sponsorship - TeeCee
I remember one test of a Ferrari (Testarossa???), where the comment was made that one of the main reasons for its very respectable 0-60 time was that he hadn't had to change gear while doing it.

It did 70-odd in 1st.

As an aside, I saw a Testarossa convertible attempt to throw a U-turn around a mini-roundabout once. We all sat there and waited while it performed a, very embarrassed, 24-point turn.
Supertankers have a tighter turning circle.
 Chevrolet - Man United sponsorship - nyx2k
there is an immaculate testarossa near me. it was bought from new . usual red colour and he says its been very reliable but only has 25k on clock.
 Chevrolet - Man United sponsorship - TeeCee
A friend of my sister worked for John Barnard's company, Grand Prix Designs, at the time they had the Ferrari F1 contract.
When Ferrari got their first win with the new car, a bloke turned up at the office with a low-loader, asking for someone to sign for a delivery. The item being delivered turned out to be a brand spanking new Testarossa, complete with insurance and free servicing, as a "thank you" present from Ferrari.

Anyhow, The Man Himself decided that he was not in need of a new Ferrari and as the bloke wasn't prepared to take it away, decreed it to be the office Pool Car.

This led to some fairly serious office conflict whenever they ran out of milk, tea or biccies and someone was required to nip down to Tescos.
Latest Forum Posts