Non-motoring > Fitting induction hob and electric oven Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 10

Fitting induction hob and electric oven - smokie
Is it easy? Replacing gas hob (next door neighbour is Corgi or whatever it is now to take out the old one). Also replacing single electric oven.

I'm looking at:

Hob: www.jadetechnology.co.uk/store/info-PIA611T16E.html

Oven: tinyurl.com/cwl2wka

(not necessarily from those suppliers).

Have checked that hob is same size as current one.

Also, the hob says "Please note: Induction hobs cannot be placed above built-under double ovens". Mine isn't a double, so it's OK?
Also considering a fridge - have found a Beko www.screwfixappliances.com/Product_Information.aspx?Productid=13252&selectedimage=9&ProductCode=TLD673APS_SI

Seems to have water supply thing o
n front, but says No to Requires Plumbing. How does that work then?

EDIT: Found out - 2.2l stored water dispenser... fiftyeggs.blob.core.windows.net/bekoupload/manuals/7253746333_TLD673APB_489724[1].pdf
Last edited by: smokie on Sun 15 Jul 12 at 11:02
 Fitting induction hob and electric oven - Fullchat
If you want the water dispenser then it requires a water supply with an isolating valve.
 Fitting induction hob and electric oven - Fullchat
Google is your friend. Try - " fitting induction hob over double oven."

Range of theories from clearance and ventilation to heat from the oven upsetting the temp sensors on the hob.
 Fitting induction hob and electric oven - Zero
If you are replacing existing built in ones, it should be an easy peasy job, specially if they were properly fitted (heat proof tape in the right places, vents to allow rear airflow, for example)

your only issue might be a 30 amp spur for the Hob.
 Fitting induction hob and electric oven - Woodster
Although having said that both my hob and my oven draw less than 13 amps and came fitted with standard 3 pin plug accordingly. I was amazed, checked and doubled checked, but it's right. Both fairly recent Neff items.
 Fitting induction hob and electric oven - Manatee
Our NEFF induction hob is about 6kW, from memory. It's certainly more than 13A rating.

It and the single oven immediately below were replacement items for some old Hotpoint ones but must have been a standard size and went straight in, to the same wiring.
So somewhere underneath there must be some clips or brackets holding the oven and hob in place - any clues?

Just wondering if (assuming I have the right power) it's a d-i-y or I need to get a man in :-)

The hob says "Power management options for 16A, 13A or 10A ", so that sounds like a std 13A socket would do.

The oven says 16A. www.bosch-home.co.uk/our-products/cooking/ovens/ovens-range/HBA13B160B.html. There must already be a supply there for that.
Last edited by: smokie on Sun 15 Jul 12 at 19:14
 Fitting induction hob and electric oven - Manatee
Our NEFF oven has some backwards-firing screws in the front frame. I can't remember if there were any clips for the hob, mine stays there by gravity.
 Fitting induction hob and electric oven - R.P.
There are clips - there was a couple missing on the hob here - so I had to send away for them. I think I found them here :-

www.espares.co.uk/part/cookers-and-hobs/diplomat/p/1092/976/0/0/1408116/hob-fixing-clip.html
 Fitting induction hob and electric oven - Zero
Yeah, screw up clips under the hob, heat resistant tape around cut out in the work top, and some sealant to seal the hob to the worktop.
Latest Forum Posts