Non-motoring > An organ to change your life Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 24

An organ to change your life - Crankcase
What can I say? It's the mad eyes that get me.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-BEST-organ-in-the-world-YES-YAMAHA-ORGAN-BUY-IT-TODAY-CHANGE-YOUR-LIFE-/190700448102?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Keyboard_RL&hash=item2c66a1e966

An organ to change your life - Dog
E'e wouldn't be from the West Country by any chance??

"PLEASE DIG DEEP AND BUY ME YAMAHA ORGAN! I'll EVEN GIVE HE A KISS IF HE BUYS THIS!!!""

He can play the critter (using two ands as well!)

I bought a small Farfisa in the 80's but couldn't really get on with it, I'm a swinging little guitar man really.

My ole mum could knock out a tune though as she used to play the Joanna in days gorn past.

I shall watch that organ to see how much it goes for, sounds OK, to me.
 An organ to change your life - Zero
Are you watching Stevie Wonder

lol
Blimey Dog, that's a serious rubbish bit of kit not worth a quid, and he knows it.

I love his suggestion to cheer up "Ralf" Harris's music in his video though. And his comment for Stevie Wonder - "if you're watching, Stevie - no hang on, you won't be, will you..."

The man's a comedy genius.
>>The man's a comedy genius<<

He'd make a good salesman??

Is it rubbish then, I haven't got a clue about such things but it must be worth a few quid to someone although I doubt if Stevie Wonder or 'Ralph' Harris would be interested :)
I have one exactly the same mouldering away, and it will go in the next skip. That's how much those older analogue ones are worth.

The market is dead, which does mean you can get machines that initially cost ten or twenty thousand for a few hundred pounds now. I also have one of those (paid £600 for it, original cost about 12k), in perfect working order and with a guarantee from a dealer.
Same fate as analogue TV's then ~ say n'more!
 An organ to change your life - Focusless
When I saw it was in Reading, and 99p, I was tempted - but then watched his videos where he plays it...

:)
What's wrong with it then, Shirley it'll do someone who's just starting out in the footsteps of Rick Wakeman.

After all, you wouldn't go out n' buy a new Duster for a recently qualified sproglet :)
>> What's wrong with it then, Shirley it'll do someone who's just starting out in the
>> footsteps of Rick Wakeman.

Of course you're right Dog, the right sort of kid/beginner would love it.
They might do, but they'd be about 1000% better off with this one, which is actually desirable. The sideways photo shows dedication and care, I feel.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/electric-organ-/261062290934?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Keyboard_RL&hash=item3cc8866df6

Last edited by: Crankcase on Tue 10 Jul 12 at 13:02
b'Jaysus! - I'd have to buy a bigger owse just to put that in :)
I could have some fun with this Monster! goo.gl/7Ehi1 (MOOG on ebay)

>> They might do, but they'd be about 1000% better off with this one

Ah, fair enough. Although I guess that might go for proper money, despite the low starting price.
Might go for £100. But a beginner's machine like a Technics EX35 or something will go for about £30, and be a good bet with some good sounds. And it's easy to sit and play and sound quite good (unlike the original Yamaha, which requires some real work to get good limited sounds from.)

If you have any interest in noodling about with old keyboards/organs, it's a great time to get things for buttons, as long as you get the right machines.
 An organ to change your life - Roger.
I would quite like a big organ.
 An organ to change your life - helicopter
Many a good tune played on a little (and old) organ Roger......!

The attached organ was the business in the 70's when I saw them playing live...my hearing is still affected - they were VERY loud....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgbgUrp1a70
Last edited by: retpocileh on Tue 10 Jul 12 at 15:07
 An organ to change your life - helicopter
Has anyone still got an electronic harpsichord?
How's about this geezer playing a Vulcan Bomber:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Contrabassbalalaika.jpg
 An organ to change your life - Clk Sec
>>Might go for £100.

Got the ioniser yet?
 An organ to change your life - zookeeper
im not in the moog here for punnetry
 An organ to change your life - Harleyman
I have a Technics SX/EX70 which I found on Freecycle, so you can guess what I paid for it!

It's in perfect working order, and in my younger days I used to play a bit of keyboard (also have a Technics KN1500) unfortunately most of the time they just sit there gathering dust. Time, as always,is the enemy.

I really should get back into practice, if for no other reason than to convince myself (and Mrs HM) that there are still SOME things I can do just as well at 52 as I could at 22! ;-)
 An organ to change your life - J Bonington Jagworth
Best organ in the world, eh? That might be a bit optimistic..

www.allenorgan.com/www/products/q570/q570.html

The audio spec is quite impressive, too, with its 28-channel, 2.36kW amp.
 An organ to change your life - Zero
www.kenrockwell.com/organ/index.htm

An organ to change your life - J Bonington Jagworth
Ken Rockwell's pretty sound on cameras too, as I expect you already know, Zero. I bought a a Casio compact on his recommendation a few years ago, and he was entirely right about it.

Wurlitzer used to make real pipe organs, but with extra voices, including almost anything that could be operated pneumatically. I once met a chap who rebuilt one in his garage, and it included a complete drum kit, with air-driven actuators. I never did find out how the neighbours felt about it...
Latest Forum Posts