Non-motoring > Storing Camping Gaz Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 19

Storing Camping Gaz - Ambo
I have a small single burner Camping Gaz butane stove and lamp in my shed, both model 270. They have 230gm gas containers and I am thinking of stocking up against power failures. Does anyone know the legal limit for storage of bottled gas please?
 Storing Camping Gaz - CGNorwich
Not more than 70kg of cartridges.

www.devonline.gov.uk/index/information_and_services/environmental_health/eh-healthandsafety-intro/eh-hs-guidance/eh-hs-lpg.htm
 Storing Camping Gaz - Iffy
...Not more than 70kg of cartridges...

At the caravan site owners are allowed no more than two of the big 38kg bottles which comes to about the same.

Storing Camping Gaz - L'escargot
>> At the caravan site owners are allowed no more than two of the big 38kg
>> bottles which comes to about the same.

The caravan sites near us use 47kg cylinders.
I tried to see how it applied to the 47kg cylinders which supply our cooker etc., but I gave up.
 Storing Camping Gaz - Iffy
Perhaps they are 47kg, suppose they are at least outside.

Storing Camping Gaz - Cliff Pope
www.weld-mesh.com/gasbottle.php?gclid=CJL23PjqjLECFVQqfAodNkoLMw#HSErequirements

40,000 kg max outdoors if kept 4m from a building or boundary.
No more than 5 bottles indoors, 15 KG if living accommodation attached.
 Storing Camping Gaz - CGNorwich
The OP is talking about gas cartridges as used in a small camping stove not gas cylinders
>> Perhaps they are 47kg, suppose they are at least outside.

Here's what Calor supply. tinyurl.com/d4bzn3p
 Storing Camping Gaz - Manatee
>> I am thinking of stocking up against power failures.

Do you know something we don't?
>> Do you know something we don't?
>>

No more than that a lot of homes have been without power recently due to weather conditions. In the longer term, however, goverment plans seem inadequate.

Storing Camping Gaz - Zero
>> >> Do you know something we don't?
>> >>
>>
>> No more than that a lot of homes have been without power recently due to
>> weather conditions. In the longer term, however, goverment plans seem inadequate.

I would be pondering a generator then.
 Storing Camping Gaz - MD
Then there's the fuel, usually petrol. My Genny has a liking for petrol.
 Storing Camping Gaz - TeeCee
Ensure wherever you store them is well ventilated at ground level (or store 'em outside).
There used to be a camping shop in East Barnet which stored its exchange gas cylinders in the basement.
One night there was an extraordinarily load bang and that's why I say "used to be"......

There was nothing left between the walls of the two buildings either side bar a small pile of rubble.
>> Does anyone know the legal limit for storage of bottled gas please?

I can't find the relevant regulations for 230gm containers but this suggests that the maximum quantity indoors is five.

tinyurl.com/csvz8u2

"If storage outside is impossible:
The Maximum weight of Lpg cylinders stored within a shop or office is 70kg, maximum cylinder capacity is 20kg or no more than 5 cylinders. If there is residential accommodation attached this is reduced to 15kg."
Last edited by: L'escargot on Tue 10 Jul 12 at 07:26
 Storing Camping Gaz - Pat
As a general rule of thumb, I would say as many as you want to be sleeping by when the shed catches fire.

Pat
 Storing Camping Gaz - Dutchie
Agree Pat gas bottles in the shed.Not a good idea in my opinion.Candles maybe better.
 Storing Camping Gaz - MD
Fork andles?
The Campingaz company should be able to answer your question ......................

Tel. +44 (0)1275 845 024

consumerservices@colemanuk.co.uk
I can't get a clear answer from Coleman's (who seem to own CG) but, from all the foregoing posts (for which much thanks( my piffling 2.76 kilograms are well below regulation amounts.
Latest Forum Posts