Non-motoring > Just an average day in Manchester? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 16

Just an average day in Manchester? - Manatee
www.bitterwallet.com/man-trashes-manchester-t-mobile-shop/57330

Self explanatory.

Also in MEN. Poor bloke, must have been would up about something.

menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1582374_crossed-line-angry-man-is-filmed-trashing-t-mobile-store-on-market-street-in-manchester
 Just an average day in Manchester? - Armel Coussine
My earnest hope that Sheikh Rattleandroll had been driven to extreme measures by some technical beef has been dashed. I can't believe he looks like that even in disguise, and he's ten years younger than that chap.
 Just an average day in Manchester? - legacylad
I'm sure many of us have felt like doing something like that, only we don't cross the line. Thank goodness.
 Just an average day in Manchester? - Fullchat
+1
 Just an average day in Manchester? - Dog
We could do with someone like im to 'straighten out' (as my brother used to say) the bureaucrats in €urope for us.
 Just an average day in Manchester? - RattleandSmoke
At least ten years younger :).

I don't know what happened but I have felt like that a few times in shops, sometimes I calmly walk out other times I will mutter "this is a joke I will go else where". Funnily since I worked for Curry's for 6 months I became even less tolerant with shop workers.

None us would have dreamed of just standing there chatting away while customers need help. Sadly Curry's took it too far and providing 'good customer service' often amounted to what I considered to be pestering.
 Just an average day in Manchester? - Fursty Ferret
Can't deny I wasn't once tempted to do that in the very same shop!
 Just an average day in Manchester? - Zero
Wouldn't you just love to? Everyone has been driven to that level at some stage.
 Just an average day in Manchester? - R.P.
We had the greatest misfortune to go to the Carphone Warehouse store in Chester. Mrs RP wanted a screen protector for her phone. What a bunch of ignorant (as in thick), misguided jobsworth, jug eared, pimply, smelly bunch of no-hopers. The gibbon masquerading as the "Sales Advisor" was clearly on day release from the city's zoo. Hopeless, mediocre rubbish. Other than that the experience was just fine.
 Just an average day in Manchester? - Fullchat
Clearly made a lasting impression then? :)
Last edited by: Fullchat on Mon 2 Jul 12 at 18:59
Just been contacted by their solicitor....I hereby withdraw the comparison with the gibbon which clearly offended the hairy primate.
 Just an average day in Manchester? - Dave
I seem to remember a film with Michael Douglas where he loses it in various situations, not least wanting a breakfast after the designated time at a fast food place.
 Just an average day in Manchester? - Ian (Cape Town)
>> I seem to remember a film with Michael Douglas

Yep. Was called Falling Down.

There's a website about muppets employed in shops - notalwaysworking.com
Some of it is hilarious.
When I was working - when things happened to me (mainly in work) the phrase that sprang to mind was "the unravelling of a reasonable man" - maybe it was a stress thing. I rarely think in these terms these days.
 Just an average day in Manchester? - ....
>> Just been contacted by their solicitor....
>>
Must have been a slow day on Wales Farm Road.
 Just an average day in Manchester? - Runfer D'Hills
I too become irritated by poor or indeed lack of service in shops. Don't we all at some time?

However, I've seen both sides. My company also owns some shops and the conduct of the public can be equally trying.

"I bought these shoes not 18 months ago from you in your Christmas half price sale and despite the fact I only wear them Monday to Friday every week in all weathers the lace has frayed a little on the left shoe so I demand a full refund or a new pair of shoes please"

Sort of thing.

That one was a real example by the way ! I could provide many more, but you get the drift.

:-)

Just an average day in Manchester? - MD
You should have purchased the Slip on's Sir. Is there any fink else i can 'elp you wiv?
Latest Forum Posts