Non-motoring > Another club gone bust Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sooty123 Replies: 9

Another club gone bust - sooty123
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18441178

Seems it's all over Rangers and what's left will be sold off to pay the taxman. Although it seems a new Rangers football club may be formed.
 Another club gone bust - Mike Hannon
Just another day in the parallel universe that is UK football (or so they tell me).
I stopped being credulous when I read a few years ago that Weymouth part-time football club paid its manager 500 quid a week.
 Another club gone bust - Westpig
It can come as no surprise.

'Spend for today and tomorrow never comes' mentality.

There will be more.
 Another club gone bust - Dutchie
Fantasy football Westpig.
 Another club gone bust - Cliff Pope
It sounds uncannily like real life. Substitute "Greece", "Italy", "Spain" etc and what do you have - just clubs and players leading a fantasy overpaid existence.
 Another club gone bust - Haywain
"Greece", "Italy", "Spain"

I'm afraid 'UK' could, in reality, be little better.
 Another club gone bust - Iffy
...just clubs and players leading a fantasy overpaid existence...

The next Premier League TV contract has been sold for a very real £3.1bn, so the money continues to roll in in ever larger amounts - for some.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2158898/Premier-League-footballers-set-richer-broadcast-rights-sold-Sky-BT.html
 Another club gone bust - BobbyG
The Rangers story, once you delve into it, is unbelievable at times. Some of the stuff they have done over the years you just wouldn't believe!

Have given the Scottish football authorities a huge dilemma of sporting integrity vs commercial reality.
 Another club gone bust - Ian (Cape Town)
That Dave King fellow... was involved over here once, and tried to buy some credibility by buying a local football club.

Last I heard, he still owes the local taxman a few hundred million quid...
 Another club gone bust - Mapmaker
Yes... and Sky and BT shares significantly down on the back of it (or they were at an early point after announcement of the news; all may have changed since).
Latest Forum Posts