Non-motoring > Bargains Thread - Volume 8   [Read only]
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 100

Bargains Thread - Volume 8 - VxFan

***** This thread is now closed, please CLICK HERE to go to Volume 9 *****

Post links in here of any offers/bargains that you come across. Need not be motoring but motoring related is of course welcome.

Previous volumes are below
Volume 1
Volume 2
Volume 3
Volume 4
Volume 5
Volume 6
Volume 7

PLEASE NOTE:-

To try and maintain some kind of logical order of discussion, if you start a new subject then reply to this post and remember to change the default subject header.

Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 13 Aug 12 at 11:26

Misc for 99p - henry k
20 Allen keys - metric & imperial
30 blade fuses
A little pump to attach to a drill with two hose connections
13A adapter ( UK vistors) ideal of items with two pin continental plugs.

and you get change from a quid :-)

Misc for 99p - Focusless
I'll hazard a guess that's from Poundland? :)

Misc for 99p - henry k
>> I'll hazard a guess that's from Poundland? :)
>>
I'll harzard a guess you fell asleep reading the title :-)

Misc for 99p - Mapmaker
It's extraordinary. I needed some chain and some clips to hold something up. Split rings £1+ each. Or... a trip to 99p land for a "spare hanging basket chain set" which provided chain and clips for 99p total.

etc. etc. etc.

Misc for 99p - Zero
No way would I plug anything that came from poundland ninetyninepee land into the mains.
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 31 May 12 at 15:40

Misc for 99p - Old Navy
I have a short 4 way UK extension board with a European plug used when travelling on the continent. It is rated at 13 amps but when buying it I came across many Chinese imports which were only 10 amp or not amp rated at all.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 31 May 12 at 16:08

Misc for 99p - Focusless
>> >> I'll hazard a guess that's from Poundland? :)
>> >>
>> I'll harzard a guess you fell asleep reading the title :-)

You overestimate my knowledge of shops I'm afraid henry - I didn't know there was a '99p store' until I googled it just now. That's my new thing learned for today :)

EDIT: that is, could have been an offer in any supermarket for all I knew
Last edited by: Focus on Thu 31 May 12 at 16:16

Misc for 99p - Zero
they do 12m of speaker wire for 99p!

I have been ripped off buying bell wire!

Misc for 99p - Mapmaker
Is that de-oxygenised gold plated single core dual earth green acoustic tree wire?

Misc for 99p - henry k
>>You overestimate my knowledge of shops I'm afraid henry
I do not like shopping but I visit the nearest 99p store as it is a few yards from my now nearest Barclays.
I used to raid Poundland for the Scouts tombola ( it seems more upmarket for the extra 1p :-)
It is worth looking in if you are passing by. 99P still have 100W proper bulbs.

Mobile Tariff- Persistence Pays Off - Bromptonaut
Been on an Orange 'legacy' tariff since mobiles had three ringtones.

Last month the future's bright texted me with a 'best plan' offer at £15.50 instead of £20 ish on my legacy tarif where I payfor txts and non Orange/BT calls. 18 month contract for what is effectively a SIM only deal. Quick look at Tesco anf Giff Gaff convinced me they were havin a g - raffe

After 20 frustrating minutes with a script jockey in Bangalore I was transferred to a Scots guy in the UK. Now paying £6.40 for 150minutes and 200txts. 12 month contract.

Result!!

ALDI Cheap Watches - rtj70
www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_25026.htm

How can they get away with cheap watches that look like a Rolex? I am referring to the middle in the above items. Looks like a Rolex Submariner clone to me:

www.rolex.com/en#/rolex-watches/submariner/submariner-date-40mm-steel-m116610ln-0001

Last edited by: rtj70 on Fri 1 Jun 12 at 03:07

ALDI Cheap Watches - Runfer D'Hills
I have nothing against cheaper products so long as they are functional and represent value for money at whatever level but there is nothing sadder than a fake.

I saw a Chrysler 300C being used as a mini cab in the West End the other day with a Bentley radiator grille. Pathetic !

It was an otherwise tidy and smart vehicle more than suited to its purpose but with that small and preposterous change it just looked embarrassing.

ALDI Cheap Watches - R.P.
Off to Aldi afterwards. Those watches are so cheap. Better warranty than my Omega Seamaster - 65 quid for a battery change !

ALDI Cheap Watches - Clk Sec
>>Omega Seamaster - 65 quid for a battery change !

Is that a typo, R.P. ? I've had a Seamaster for over 25 years, and it's never cost me more to have a battery changed than the any of my other watches.

Can you please reply to the post you're responding to, and not one at the end of the thread? Post moved and re-titled as nothing to do with 20% off food!!
Last edited by: Webmaster on Fri 1 Jun 12 at 12:18

ALDI Cheap Watches - Meldrew
Have you had it changed at/by an Omega agent though? At the other end of the scale, if you let Timpsons change you watch battery they will change it again free for ever!
Last edited by: Webmaster on Fri 1 Jun 12 at 12:17

ALDI Cheap Watches - Clk Sec
>> Post moved and re-titled as nothing to do with 20% off food!!

Cookhouse fatigues for me, then!!

ALDI Cheap Watches - rtj70
>> Off to Aldi afterwards.

Not there until next week I think.

ALDI Cheap Watches - L'escargot
>> Looks like a Rolex Submariner clone to me:

It doesn't look anything like mine.

ALDI Cheap Watches - Roger.
I've just bought one of these cheap, Rolex lookalike, tickers. For a tenner they are not bad.
I can give my Longines a trip to the repair shop now, as the penultimate time a new battery was put in, a slightly oversize in depth, one was used. This bent the battery holder and rectifying that put the hands slightly out of sync with their usual positions relative to each other. Makes it a bit hard to get the hour right sometimes.

20% off food - Meldrew
As it is being revised and reissued today may I draw reader's attention to www.bitecard.co.uk? Get in touch and they will send you a free card which will get you 20% off at virtually all UK railway station food outlets, Upper Crust, Delice de France, Burger KIng, Pumpkin etc and Station Bars

Nothing to do with cheap watches, so re-titled this post (and replies) then moved to the appropriate place in the thread to show it's a new discussion
Last edited by: Webmaster on Fri 1 Jun 12 at 09:27

20% off food - Zero
I'd pay an extra 20% to avoid all those places.
 20% off food - Meldrew
you'd have to go off the station to avoid them! They are all there are, at KX at least. I need fodder, 20% off suits me and it is better and cheaper than the stuff on the train trolleys

20% off food - Meldrew
Sorry MOD(s) Bad Brain Day - again

Free AA Road Atlas 2013 - Clk Sec
Might see if my newsagent has one later this morning.

blogs.mirror.co.uk/promotions/2012/06/free-aa-road-atlas-inside-the-1.html

Free AA Road Atlas 2013 - Zero
You don't want that! Left turns only in that Atlas.

Free AA Road Atlas 2013 - Clk Sec
>> You don't want that! Left turns only in that Atlas.

Just as well I didn't buy one, then. Actually it was rather a small atlas, so I gave it a miss and bought a bar of chocolate instead.

Yum, yum.

Free AA Road Atlas 2013 - Zero
Yes just been to Costa, and seen someone removing it with obvious disgust from their paper. I think small is a bit of an understatement.

Free AA Road Atlas 2013 - R.P.
Mmm might be the right size for a bike's tank bag though. Throw the tabloid away keep the book !

Free AA Road Atlas 2013 - R.P.
Worth a quid - even if only for the National Road Rally next week. Paper's s***e though.

Tickety Split - Meldrew
Not sure if this has been mentioned already? A legal way of reducing the exorbitant cost of walk-on train tickets for travel on the day. Is available as an App and as a web site.
Example - a ticket today from Stansted Airport to Stamford Lincs is £39.40 but if you buy a ticket to March and one on to Stamford it is £26.50, saving £8.40

Tickety Split - Duncan
>> Not sure if this has been mentioned already? A legal way of reducing the exorbitant
>> cost of walk-on train tickets for travel on the day.

Is it legal? In the eyes of Network Rail or the train operators, that is?

Tickety Split - Meldrew
Yes, totally. Technically they could make you get off the train and back on but there is no report of this ever happening. As you are not changing trains it wouldn't be a problem anyway.

splitticket.moneysavingexpert.com/

Tickety Split - Focusless
The train does have to actually stop at the place where you are splitting your ticket. For example, I split my Reading-Bath commute at Didcot, but that means I can't use the trains that don't stop there (roughly half of them).

Tickety Split - Meldrew
Good point Focus!

Tickety Split - Bromptonaut
>> The train does have to actually stop at the place where you are splitting your
>> ticket. For example, I split my Reading-Bath commute at Didcot, but that means I can't
>> use the trains that don't stop there (roughly half of them).

Except where one of the tickets is a season ticket and the other is not. Thus I can use the Euston-MK validity of my season to reduce the fare to Manchester even if the first stop is Stoke.

Tickety Split - Zero

>> Example - a ticket today from Stansted Airport to Stamford Lincs is £39.40 but if
>> you buy a ticket to March and one on to Stamford it is £26.50, saving
>> £8.40

Use your car! It would use 10 quids worth of petrol, take 45 minutes less time, AND you have the benefit of not having to go anywhere near March.

>> Use your car! It would use 10 quids worth of petrol, take 45 minutes less
>> time, AND you have the benefit of not having to go anywhere near March.

But assuming you're catching a plane you have to pay extortionate parking fees. Although, last time I was at Stansted, it still seemed possible to park in nearby lanes.

Tickety Split - Meldrew
Car takes 10 minutes less time and doesn't deliver you to the terminal. £10 wouldn't cover the petrol one way and last time I was at Stansted the medium stay car park was £17 per day.

Tickety Split - Zero
>> Car takes 10 minutes less time

Not on a Sunday. You could be waiting an hour for your next Stamford train.

Tickety Split - Meldrew
Swings and roundabouts Zero. The M11 might be blocked, the coach from the car park might breakdown, the train might be delayed - life is full of ifs and buts! One makes a choice and lives with the outcome.

Tickety Split - Zero
Nah nothing bad ever happens. I mean planes don't crash and block the main runway now do they.

Bit of hyperbole for the news to report an undercart collapse as a crash.

A crash is what happened at Staines 40years ago today.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-18477420
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Mon 18 Jun 12 at 12:25

Tickety Split - Zero
It was moving, bits of it broke off when rhey struck the runway, passengers had to use escape slides, the plane could no longer move on its own because of damage.

That seems like a crash to me. Staines is just a bigger crash.

AAIB will likley categorise it as an accident. See similar event at Ronaldsway earlier in the year www.aaib.gov.uk/publications/special_bulletins/s1_2012___jetstream_31__g_ccpw.cfm

Will be interesting to see how long before a bulletin for the ATR appears.

I guess my worry about use of the word 'crash' in media is that it's unduly alarming to relatives of those flying in same time/space hearing only part of the story - or seeing a headline on the internet. A crash to me involves at least one of death/life changing injury, fire and significant breakage deformation of the fuselage. Low speed undercart collapses or runway excursions where everybody gets out in one piece don't count.

On the scraps on news thing around 74/5 a BA 1-11 was hijacked out of Manchester with a demand that it be flown to Paris - got no further than Stansted. My Mother heard Manchester, Paris and hi-jack on the butcher's wirelss and nearly had kittens 'cos Dad was on an AF flight from Paris to Ringway the same day.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Mon 18 Jun 12 at 13:39

Tickety Split - Meldrew
My perception is that bad things happen a lot! S*ds Law etc. Jersey for example.

Cheap Line Rental and Calls - Meldrew
I am with a firm called Hive Telecom, based in Lincoln. I contacted then the other day as I have a £12.50/month contract on my mobile which gives me 2000 minutes a month plus unlimited texts and unlimited downloads. On this basis I thought I would try to convert my landline to rental only. They said they couldnt' do that. I then analysed my very monthly low bills from Hive always under £20. Basically, for £15 a month I get line rental and 3000 minutes to 01, 02, and 03 numbers; 0845 0870 etc are free after 6pm Depending on ones individual needs that might be a good deal. Google will find them!

Cheap Line Rental and Calls - Focusless
>> Google will find them!

www.hivetelecom.com/uk_products.html

Screwfix Deal of the Day - VxFan
Hopefully the link will remain the same, but with a different offer every day.

www.screwfix.com/jsp/landing.jsp?id=DealoftheDay

Rolson LED torches - 3 for under a fiver - Amazon - smokie
Put one each in his 'n' her car, leaves one for under the stairs...

Not suer how long the off will last

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002Y5XNBM/ref=nosim/?tag=hotukdeals-21
Last edited by: smokie on Wed 27 Jun 12 at 08:47

De-Walt Rigger boots - no need for Lud's Money. - R.P.
Been umming and ahhing over these for a few days as a pair of Summer bike boots. Found them for thirty notes on this website - I've used them before and had very good service. Not in my size though.

www.javari.co.uk/-/dp/B001U0OB72?tag=invihand-21

De-Walt Rigger boots - no need for Lud's Money. - Duncan
£26.25 here.

www.tradingdepot.co.uk/DEF/product/!!SCAFWRIGG11N!!/

De-Walt Rigger boots - no need for Lud's Money. - Iffy
...as a pair of Summer bike boots...

Aren't the soles a bit too chunky for biking?

De-Walt Rigger boots - no need for Lud's Money. - Fullchat
Handy when you are trying to paddle your bike into a parking space when the surface is slippy.

150 disposable gloves for 99p at Bargain Buys - L'escargot
They're not latex/vinyl, and as such are easier to put on and take off. Ideal for when you're changing your car's oil.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Fri 29 Jun 12 at 13:23

Train fares - "Ticket Splitting" - Meldrew
I don't think that many of us travel by train and those that do probably don't book much in advance. However, the savings that are legally possible are amazing. I am just planning a mega trip to Thurso from Peterborough. If I buy one direct ticket it is £145 single. If I buy Peterborough to Inverness it is £38.95 and Inverness to Thurso is £11.90, a saving of nearly £100.

For those of you who have Ipads or iPods there is an App called Tickety Split (sic) which enables one to split tickets for a ticket purchased on the day of travel ie a walk-up

Train fares - "Ticket Splitting" - Focusless
You mentioned this further up the thread Meldrew - no harm in mentioning it again of course :)

EDIT: www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=10783&m=242680&v=e

and you forget to reply to the first post in the thread :o
Last edited by: Focus on Wed 11 Jul 12 at 12:05

Train fares - "Ticket Splitting" - VxFan
>> and you forget to reply to the first post in the thread :o

Have moved it to correct place, and didn't lose it in cyberspace this time!

Train fares - "Ticket Splitting" - Zero
In fact you split it!
Good call Z! I did think I had managed to post correctly VX - it must be either dyslexia, Alzheimers or general senile decay!

Train fares - "Ticket Splitting" - Pat
Tell 'em B******* Meldrew:)

You're posts are always worth reading twice!

Pat

In a life long ago it was said "You can take Meldrew anywhere twice - the second time to apologise!"

Waitrose lager. - Zero
Waitrose Cerveza. 8 bottle for 6 quid. For a spanish fizzy lager it actually has some taste and not too much fizz.

Waitrose lager. - Zero
Edit - 10 for £6.99, but its on special in some stores for 6 quid

Waitrose lager. - R.P.
Thanks - I feel a visit coming on.

Waitrose lager. - mikeyb
Nice lager - worth a try for those who have not had it before.

Sometimes crops up at 2 for £10

Waitrose lager. - Roger.
Mahou Cinco Estrellas is the dog's testes in Spanish lager, IMO.
San Mig is over-rated, but there is a nice malty, strong (7.2%), speciality beer :- Voll Damm Doble Malta which is REALLY good and worth trying if you can find it.
(Seen here tinyurl.com/cqex96u )
Last edited by: Roger on Sun 22 Jul 12 at 21:00

7" LCD TV - Maplins (£30 off usual price) - VxFan
Gonna give this a go for the office. Got fed up with trying to watch TVCatchup on the iPhone and it keep buffering.

www.maplin.co.uk/7-inch-digital-and-analogue-tv-with-usb-sd-280957 (£69.99)

The 9" model has £50 off the usual price, and is only £10 more than the 7", but I didn't spot it until after I ordered the 7".

(This'll upset Mapmaker - I have 28 days to evaluate it and return/change for the 9")

7" LCD TV - Maplins (£30 off usual price) - Iffy
Be aware of the licence situation - I get occasional letters from TV Licensing to my little office.

7" LCD TV - Maplins (£30 off usual price) - Zero
I am fairly sure dave is going to provide his home address to the shop when he buys the tele.

>> Be aware of the licence situation

Where I work already has a TV licence for the video conference TVs in the meeting rooms.

>> I am fairly sure Dave is going to provide his home address to the shop when he buys the tele.

Bought online, so they do have my home address.

7" LCD TV - Maplins (£30 off usual price) - Iffy
...I am fairly sure dave is going to provide his home address to the shop when he buys the tele..

Quite so, but my point is TV Licensing regard any unlicensed address as a possible source of an evasion prosecution.

Just found out some discount codes for these TVs.

Enter DISCOUNT5 at the checkout and get £5 off the price of the 7" (brings it down to £64.99)
Enter DISCOUNT7 at the checkout and get £7 off the price of the 9" (brings it down to £72.99)

I usually do my research on things like this beforehand. That'll teach me to buy on the spur of the moment with my smartphone instead of waiting until I got home and used the desktop.
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 24 Jul 12 at 13:02

Wilkinson Sword razor blades - Stuartli
I buy my Wilkinson Sword double edge disposable razor blades from Poundland at £1 for five, plus five free per pack. Stupidly cheap and you can add big brand name toiletries at £1 each, such as Dove or King's Castile soap, that are normally 50 to 70 per cent higher cost wise at the big supermarkets...:-)

Not related to the LCD TV discussion, so changed the subject header. Also moved to the correct part of the thread - as per the ignored "Please Note" request at the start of the thread!
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 24 Jul 12 at 13:11

Wilkinson Sword razor blades - devonite
Maybe you need a "New post" button next to the "reply to this message" one on the bottom of each post! ;-)

Wilkinson Sword razor blades - Focusless
>> Maybe you need a "New post" button next to the "reply to this message" one
>> on the bottom of each post! ;-)

Actually that's not a bad idea for threads like this* - perhaps label it 'new subject'. It would create a reply to the first post in the thread, with a blank subject line which must be filled in for the post to be accepted.

* given that the current mechanism is SO complicated
:)

Wilkinson Sword razor blades - Roger.
I've given up on Gillette Fusion blades, due to their cost. I've tried other makes, such as King of Shaves and Sainsbury's own label, which of course are cheaper, but for me don't work well.
I've invested £49 on a Phillips wet and dry rotary shaver (from Amazon) and so far the wet shave application is, for an electric razor, pretty good.
Not up to the best wet shave, of course, but I think I will be in credit compared with the Gillette Fusions over a couple of years, particularly if the Phillips shaver blades last well.

Wilkinson Sword razor blades - Focusless
Which? have rated Gillette Fusion their top 'best buy', with 3 other Gillettes next:
www.metro.co.uk/news/906718-expensive-razors-really-are-the-best-a-man-can-get-say-tests

Rated some cheap razors (which I use) as 'don't buys' :o

Wilkinson Sword razor blades - madf
>> Which? have rated Gillette Fusion their top 'best buy', with 3 other Gillettes next:
>> www.metro.co.uk/news/906718-expensive-razors-really-are-the-best-a-man-can-get-say-tests
>
Agree
I buy replacement blades for my Fusion Power as 'Razor and Three Blades' sets half price (£4.98) in Sainsubry's. Just as good as Fusion Power blades and 1/3rd of the price. I throw away the razor.

Staroslav Lager from ALDI. - Roger.
This is a very acceptable 4.0% alc. Czech (Prague) brewed lager, available in ALDI.
A 500 ml bottle costs £0.99.
That's its normal price, but I think it is a bargain!
(For traditionalists Black Sheep Ale from Yorkshire is also stocked and costs £1.49 a bottle. VERY nice brew!)
Last edited by: Roger on Tue 24 Jul 12 at 16:50

Staroslav Lager from ALDI. - Ted
>> This is a very acceptable 4.0% alc. Czech (Prague) brewed lager, available in ALDI.
>> A 500 ml bottle costs £0.99.

I've a few bottles in the beer shed and it is very pleasant, Roger. They also do one whose name starts 'Tys', I think. Can't be bothered to go down to the fridge and check ATM.

Lidl always seem to have Perlenbacher at the same 99p price. I much prefer it to the others.

Ted

Want a free 4 pack of Grolsch? - VxFan
Grolsch are giving away 4 packs of 500ml cans.

If you visit www.grolsch.co.uk/ and click on the VISIT JOURNT banner, it plays a video. If you follow the audio instructions and text your name to the number on Journt's business card, it texts you back either saying try again tomorrow or with a link to voucher for a free 4 pack!

Want a free 4 pack of Grolsch? - ....
Then sit back with your four pack and watch those ambulance chasing, mis sold PPI SMS roll in.

Quality 8Gb USB stick for £2.99 delivered - smokie
That's gotta be cheap... won;t be there long I bet.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B002U28LZC/?tag=hotukdeals-21

Quality 8Gb USB stick for £2.99 delivered - rtj70
That is cheap for a branded memory stick. I have one of those. About to get two bigger ones.

Thanks Smokie
Last edited by: rtj70 on Tue 24 Jul 12 at 23:25

The 16Gb is now at £6.54. www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00422DCB6/ref=nosim/

Don't miss this then - 32gb for £19.98.

www.ebuyer.com/159307-cnm-64gb-spaceloop-usb-2-0-flash-pen-drive-cnm64gbusb

Quality 8Gb USB stick for £2.99 delivered - bathtub tom
How about 16gig for a fiver?

tinyurl.com/ca7w6lp

Can't open your link but the one I posted above is £5.19 now. Couldn't get any cheaper, surely?

Quality 8Gb USB stick for £2.99 delivered - VxFan
>> Can't open your link

Works for me, but it's not "just a fiver" when you add in the £1.99 delivery cost.

Quality 8Gb USB stick for £2.99 delivered - mikeyb
Or a ten quid for 32gb delivered

www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/18293083/0/Play-com-32GB-USB-Flash-Drive/ListingDetails.html

Quality 8Gb USB stick for £2.99 delivered - L'escargot
>> Or a ten quid for 32gb delivered
>>
>> www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/18293083/0/Play-com-32GB-USB-Flash-Drive/ListingDetails.html

They don't fool me with that 99p malarkey ~ they're £11.

Quality 8Gb USB stick for £2.99 delivered - mikeyb
>> >> Or a ten quid for 32gb delivered
>> >>
>> >> www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/18293083/0/Play-com-32GB-USB-Flash-Drive/ListingDetails.html
>>
>> They don't fool me with that 99p malarkey ~ they're £11.
>>

They are now, but were 9.99 when I posted it!

biodegradeable bags for food caddys. - henry k
We have council supplied caddys for food scraps etc.
My council, unlike the adjacent borough of Kingston upon Thames, does not supply replacement biodegradeable bags.
I source replacement bags from a traditional butchers. He seems happy to sell a 100 pack for £5.
( I know you can use newspaper for the same job )

biodegradeable bags for food caddys. - Zero

>> ( I know you can use newspaper for the same job )

(and it means you don't have to put the newspapers in a separate box for recycling)

(and your food caddy doesn't sweat inside and stink)

biodegradeable bags for food caddys. - henry k
>> (and your food caddy doesn't sweat inside and stink)
>>
The bottom cut off a plastic milk carton is used for our spent tea bags prior to caddy transfer.
Fresh veg stuff goes in our compost bins.
Both my food caddys are in the garden not in the house so all other food "waste" goes immediately outside.
The small one is always enough for our weekly needs and the bigger one is what the council expect to collect.
Sorted and recycled pong free:-)

biodegradeable bags for food caddys. - madf
We just line the caddy bottom with a newspaper, empty the contents into a recycling Dalek for composting and bleach the caddy once a week. No smells, no fuss, and the worms like newspaper.

Makes great compost for tomatoes..

Group Save on the train - Bromptonaut
Went to London yesterday to the Great British Beer Festival. Four adults, Milton Keynes Central to London including Travelcard in town for £40. Limited to one train co- London Midland - but even four up we'd have struggled to cover fuel and parking out of £40.

Audio lead - high street as cheap as ebay - Focusless
With the 2 month old 37" signal-less Panny taken away for repair, we're currently having to peer at a cheap 19". But I thought even though we can't see it we might as well get decent sound, so went into town to get a headphone/RCA lead to hook it up to the home theatre system.

Only place in Woodley selling such leads is Robert Dyas, so I was expecting to pay at least a fiver.

The actual price? £1.59 :o
(and that wasn't a special offer)

Audio lead - high street as cheap as ebay - Focusless
>> so went into town to get a headphone/RCA
>> lead to hook it up to the home theatre system.

So now if we want to turn up the volume, we can chose between the TV, the PVR, the sound system, or combinations thereof. Hours of fun :)

Latest Forum Posts