Non-motoring > Air Ioniser Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Clk Sec Replies: 13

Air Ioniser - Clk Sec
Can anyone recommend an air ioniser for home use, please? I've had one for over thirty years but it needs replacing.

Oilrag need not respond :)
 Air Ioniser - Iffy
I bought a 12v one for the car.

The little light glowed when I plugged it in, but I'm not sure it did much else.
 Air Ioniser - VxFan
>> Oilrag need not respond :)

Just as well. He asked for his account to be terminated a little while ago.
 Air Ioniser - rtj70
He's very busy drumming up business for the HJ site anyway. 75% of the threads (probably more) seem to be his. I hope he's getting some form of renumeration. He's not getting much appreciation.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Thu 29 Apr 10 at 00:36
 Air Ioniser - L'escargot
Negative air ionisers sound like a good idea ............ tinyurl.com/38qkr2a
Reviews ............ tinyurl.com/3238mbf
 Air Ioniser - Clk Sec
I didn't expect much of a response as I've not come across anyone else with an ioniser. Thanks anyway, and a (virtual) green thumbs-up to L'escargot for the links.
 Air Ioniser - Robbie34
This has been recommended on a site I visit. www.boots.com/en/Heaven-Fresh-Ionic-Air-Purifier-XJ-2000_122404/

Unfortunately, it's out of stock at Boots, but it's available from Amazon for around the same price.
 Air Ioniser - L'escargot
>> ............ and a (virtual) green thumbs-up to L'escargot ............

I can't see it. Are you sure you didn't award it to someone else by mistake? ;-)
 Air Ioniser - Clk Sec
>> >> ............ and a (virtual) green thumbs-up to L'escargot ............
>>
>> I can't see it. Are you sure you didn't award it to someone else by
>> mistake? ;-)

:) Certainly not. I've only been registered here since Monday and, quite rightly, I'll have to serve some time before being let loose on the various buttons.

A virtual green thumbs-up to Robbie 34 as well. Email on it's way to Boots.
 Air Ioniser - busbee
This ionizer business looks interesting.

My rooms with windows open soon show a dust layer.

For a long time I have thought of having a system blowing air into one room, after passing it through a filter, but I have never got round to doing anything about it. A positive pressure house (only a couple of inches on a water gauge) where all other openings become outputs.

It now occurs to me I could compromise and put an ionizer near each open window.

Any comment as to effectiveness? Even better, anyone done it and able to recommend a good buy?
Last edited by: busbee on Sat 1 May 10 at 20:57
 Air Ioniser - Ambo
I, too, would like to know about effectiveness. I had a mains one about 3 feet from my pillow for some 25 years without being able to decide, then gave it away.

2 points.

-It attracted dust which seemed to be ion-charged and impossible to clean off.

-On first powering up (as warned), three tiny, strong and extremely sharp needles emerged from the body. They only projected about half a millimetre but inflicted many tiny wounds before I learned not to move it.
 Air Ioniser - Bellboy
just put an oilrag in each room
this will create the ambiance and smells needed for that garage workshop effect and the rag will collect dust as it swarms past too
simple
 Air Ioniser - Clk Sec
>>I had a mains one about 3 feet from my pillow for some 25 years without being able to decide

>>It attracted dust which seemed to be ion-charged and impossible to clean off.

>>On first powering up (as warned), three tiny, strong and extremely sharp needles >>emerged from the body. They only projected about half a millimetre but inflicted many >>tiny wounds before I learned not to move it.

I don't think my ioniser would be very effective if it was as far away as three feet from my pillow. I keep mine a little closer and find it invaluable during the pollen season.

Yes, they do tend to attract dust and can darken wallpaper and emulsion, but fortunately the needles in the one I have are recessed and do not cause any problems.

They seem to be much cheaper now than they were 30+ years ago when I paid around £100. I'm thinking of going for the ioniser / air purifier that Robbie 34 mentioned above, and will report back.
 Air Ioniser - Clk Sec
>>and will report back.

I bought the Heaven Fresh model HF-100, delivered to my local Boots store at a discounted £18.34. It works very well for me, although I did have to stick a tiny piece of duck tape over a couple of LEDs that I thought were a bit too bright for bedroom use.

This one is a little smaller than the model that Robbie34 mentioned above.
Latest Forum Posts