Non-motoring > Claire Lomas - Marathon Star Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Meldrew Replies: 4

Claire Lomas - Marathon Star - Meldrew
I have just seen this brave lady walk over the finishing line after 17 days and, while I know "Rules are Rules" I was surprised that no one from the organisers could have been there to congratulate her. In fact she was given a nice box containing medals donated by other competitors which makes me think that marathon runners are much nicer people than marathon organisers!
 Claire Lomas - Marathon Star - Meldrew
Sir Richard Branson has announced that she is to be given the "Virgin Trophy", awarded occasionally for outstanding efforts.

"The past two recipients have been The Seagulls, who broke the Guinness World Record for an all-female crew rowing unaided around Britain, and John Isner, the player who won the longest tennis match in history in Wimbledon. Now we would be honoured to present Claire with the Virgin Trophy for 2012."

That makes things a bit better IMO
Last edited by: Meldrew on Tue 8 May 12 at 18:53
 Claire Lomas - Marathon Star - Fullchat
17 days. Mrs FC is walking properly again after her effort. Junior has been in hospital and off school for two weeks with her condition. A lot has gone on in that time.

A big virtual pat on the back to her.
 Claire Lomas - Marathon Star - henry k
www.justgiving.com/Claire-Lomas/1

Her donations are now at 200+% of target plus gift aid of £20K all les 5% handling fee.
She has done so well both walking and collecting funds..
 Claire Lomas - Marathon Star - DeeW
FC, check that the hospital school are properly in touch with ordinary school. They should be able to teach anything set by the school. We had one designated person in the hospital school who communicated by email with classroom teachers, getting worksheets as well as lesson plans. On the poorest day - of which we had several, the teacher would read set stuff to him.
Even the children in the bone marrow transplant isolation managed lessons! One of the good reasons to donate Tesco school vouchers to your local hospital school, as they always need up-to-date computer programmes .

Bad enough feeling foul without falling behind in school too.
Last edited by: DeeW on Wed 9 May 12 at 10:19
Latest Forum Posts