Non-motoring > One for Dutchie. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 18

One for Dutchie. - Dog
I've listened to a couple of these Milton Jones productions and enjoyed em both.

This one features Holland and the Dutch people, but not in a derogatory way at all.

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rfj1b/Another_Case_of_Milton_Jones_Series_4_Cyclist!/
 One for Dutchie. - Dutchie
Good fun Dog.Milton Jones I have seen him on he television.>:)

Amsterdam die grote stad was gebouwd op palen als die stad eens ommeviel wie zou dat dan betalen.?

Miserable day,wanted to cut the grass no change maybe tomorrow.Typical Dutch weather.
 One for Dutchie. - R.P.
I have a friend who lives on Friesland - he says the same.
THE....Clog writing..;)
 One for Dutchie. - Dog
>>Amsterdam die grote stad was gebouwd op palen als die stad eens ommeviel wie zou dat dan betalen.?<<

What does the word ommeviel mean in English, Dutchie?
I knew you would ask.;)Slang for falling over Dog.Have to book soon for a trip across end of May Seeing our kid.I have a nice photo on my laptop of him with a bike .Don't know how to transfer it on her.Me computer failure.
 One for Dutchie. - Dog
It couldn't be easier Dutchie, If an iriot from sowf lunden can do it, anyone can do it:

www.ehow.com/how_2031218_upload-photos-flickr.html
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Meyxu5jvDo

This is the street where we moved to when I was six years old Dog.Time waits for nobody.>:)
 One for Dutchie. - Dog
I was 3 years old when this film was made Dutchie: www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WLnYtrKx84&feature=related

Perhaps we both need some A.E. Housman ...

"Into my heart an air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?

That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again".

I was six Dog first time in London with the old man.We used to park in front of the tower bridge with cargo what I can remember.Big bars of white chocolate my favorite.>:)
 One for Dutchie. - Dog
White Toblerone, Dutchie - my favorite ;)
 One for Dutchie. - Ted

Nice film, Nederlander. Was that you in the red dress on the little bike ?

Didn't Rotterdam get a pasting during the Hitler business, Dutch ? I remember well the bombed areas of Manchester even 10 years after the war ended. There was an anti-aircraft battery opposite our house. The guns had gone but the steel and concrete ammo storage racks were still there. Even in the early 50s there was a military presence in the form of a caretaker and his family in an army house on the site. A bomb crater just outside the fence had the rusting chassis of a lorry in it...a close miss by the Luftwaffe !

All gone now, a care home was built and now that's gone. Currently a base for the tramway construction people.

Ted
 One for Dutchie. - Dog
>>Didn't Rotterdam get a pasting during the Hitler business<<

I think you may be wrong on that score Teddy me ole son,

Judging by the amount of VeeDubs in that philm I'll wager Adolph bombed Rotterdam with Beetles!
Rotterdam got hammered during the war.Most of the inner city was gone and the harbour.

Mother worked in Rotterdam for a well off family,she heard the bombs whistling past.>:)

If you see the phonebox thats where I lived.Neighbour across the road had a Morris Minor.

If you went near his car he be chasing us.The pavement was wide and we used to play as kids.

Skipping rollerskating and teasing the neighbours.There was always a community spirit in the street.
 One for Dutchie. - Zero
>> Rotterdam got hammered during the war.

It was a large European port, it was important, at various times occupied by the Germans or the Allies.

It would be attacked, and an attempt to deny the facilities, for the entire period of the hostilities, by whoever was not occupying it.
 One for Dutchie. - R.P.
Dutchie,

I have photos of the Harbour area (I know its big !) with a massive girder bridge and a new (then) opening road bridge taken in the 70s when I was there as a thin person.
I was a thin person then.Then grew to sixteen stone.Now back to thirteen stone after the op.

Harbour is massive R.P. The Europoort was build later for the Super Tankers.I used the Maastunnel to go across this was build before the war.Rotterdammers are different than the Amsterdammer, better not be German going into Amsterdam.War is not created by the simple folk.>;)
 One for Dutchie. - Armel Coussine
>> Time waits for nobody.>:)

Nice film Dutchie. You are kind to small children in your country. But I can't help wondering whether the zoo was in your street or somewhere else entirely. Silly of me I know.
Glad you liked the film A.C.I was surprised to see it for the first time on you tube.

Blijdorp is on the other side of Rotterdam.I have only been a few times to the zoo.Children should be able to play safe outside.Where I live now we always kept a eye on the kids when they where playing.Safe here in a cul de sac.
Latest Forum Posts