Non-motoring > Audible.con? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 3

Audible.con? - Ambo
I was surprised to see a debit on my credit card of £7.99 and an identifier including AUDIBLE.COM. I had never heard of this oufit before but was able to follow up the link. I learned that my subscription enabled me to buy e-books from them and they would deduct the same amount every month. There was a cancellation facility but I wondered how on earth they had found my card details.

I then learned that they are a wholly-owned subsidaryof Amazon, with whom I have an account, but several emails drew blanks on the question, were my details passed from parent to subsidiary? In addition, Audible, while refunding my money and cancelled the subscription, would not give details of my alleged signing up with them.

So, if you deal with Amazon, don't be surprised to learn you are dealing with its associates as well.
 Audible.con? - movilogo
Are you sure you never inadvertently subscribed to their trial offer?

Amazon often tries to push Audible subscription.
 Audible.con? - Ambo
I am sure I did not subscribe and they could not/would not give me any proof of subscribing.
 Audible.con? - Mike Hannon
We had something similar to this recently. We found Amazon France had taken 50 euros from our account, using the French card number we use normally, without tell us when or why. When we queried it they apologised profusely and refunded the money within the hour. They said we had signed up for a premium service, involving automatic 24-hour delivery on anything ordered. We hadn't and their response made it obvious they were trying it on.
I see Amazon UK does something similar but the website does appear to warn you that you are signing up for a paying service called Amazon Prime if you click the free delivery 'trial' button.
Beware.
Latest Forum Posts