Non-motoring > The ultimate cure for constipation Miscellaneous
Thread Author: diddy1234 Replies: 20

The ultimate cure for constipation - diddy1234
This hotel's toilet could have a few entertaining customers :-

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2138319/Is-worlds-terrifying-bathroom-Toilet-hangs-15-storey-lift-shaft-luxury-penthouse.html
 The ultimate cure for constipation - Slidingpillar
I can't make my mind up whether is a laxative, or a constipater. I rather think I would lose the urge myself!
 The ultimate cure for constipation - Zero
Holy Sh.. Batman.
 The ultimate cure for constipation - Dave_
When my daughter was just old enough to visit the bathroom by herself, we nipped in separately to the public loos at Aysgarth Falls. I was swiftly in and out of the mens', noticing the signs advising parents of small children to "restrain" them when using the toilet with bemusement...

Daughter was already waiting outside, blubbering and pointing through the door of the ladies'. As we were the only people there I went in with her, to discover that the entire toilet block is built on the side of a hill with a composting facility directly underneath it. When I lifted the conventional-looking toilet seat lid I saw that the opening was straight down about 15ft. into the gloom, and full manhole width all the way down. No wonder they advised parents to restrain small children!
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Wed 2 May 12 at 14:15
 The ultimate cure for constipation - VxFan
Bet that'll give a few people hot flushes.
 The ultimate cure for constipation - smokie
Was there a fan down there too? :-)
 The ultimate cure for constipation - diddy1234
the engineering lads here at work wondered if the waste pipe exits below the toilet.

Maybe the glass serves a dual purpose and not just to work as a floor as well !
 The ultimate cure for constipation - Armel Coussine
I would be reluctant even to enter that bathroom. If necessary I would defecate on the floor in the corridor outside.

We all have a wimpish side tucked away somewhere. Even me.
 The ultimate cure for constipation - NortonES2
Daunting thought diddy. Just imagine the work for the night-soil men when the "house of office" (see Pepys) becomes full. Eventually!
Last edited by: NIL on Wed 2 May 12 at 15:55
I hope anyone traveling in the lift doesn't look up.
 The ultimate cure for constipation - Runfer D'Hills
Went up a big tower in Toronto last year or so. CNN Tower I think. Big thing anyway. Well, at the top there's a glass floored balcony you stand on and it feels like you're standing on thin air an awfy long way up.

I was with a work colleague and being blokes we didn't want to admit any fear to each other and so stepped out onto the platform.

I was kind of ok until some kids next to me started jumping up and down stomping on and vibrating the glass. Now I suppose I have moved quicker in my life but I bet not by much...

:-(
 The ultimate cure for constipation - TeeCee
I saw a program on telly about how they'd done this to some skyscraper. Maybe the Sears tower in Chicago??

They've fitted some glazed boxes on the outside of the observation floor, the clever bit being that they can be retracted into the building for cleaning purposes.

So that's a box made completely of glass, a considerable distance in the air. I got quite uncomfortable just watching them on the telly, not sure I could bring myself to actually walk into one and I'm very sure that looking down in one would bring on a severe attack of the heebie-geebies.
 The ultimate cure for constipation - rtj70
>> I hope anyone traveling in the lift doesn't look up.

Travelling up an unused lift shaft without any lift or there being any lift mechanism to pull it up.... But I assume if someone with access lower down must be able to look up.
>> Travelling up an unused lift shaft without any lift ....

It was a TIC comment. Perhaps the glass was too thick for you to see it properly?
 The ultimate cure for constipation - Bagpuss
Having been to Guadalajara, the driving there is enough to cure any constipation problems. I think I've only been more frightened by the driving in India.
 The ultimate cure for constipation - Dutchie
No fear of hights I don't like enclosed spaces.We had something similair in Still house (Distillation columns) See through steel grating.Holiday in Turkey,we had a day out with a crazy mechanic driving a Jeep up and downhill dirttracks all fun.
 The ultimate cure for constipation - rtj70
But not that funny a comment and clearly no lift could use the shaft.

I don't know about you but I'd always wonder about stepping on that. In a marine centre on Maui it was funny to see people not wanting to walk on glass in the shark tank :-) They'd walk on the metal supports under the (very thick) glass.

www.mauioceancenter.com/index.php?&id=2&page=visitor&content=exhibits&ss=0

"Shark tank" is the "Open Ocean"

www.mauioceancenter.com/index.php?id=6&ss=0&page=shark&content=shark
Last edited by: rtj70 on Wed 2 May 12 at 21:25
 The ultimate cure for constipation - zookeeper
A disused lift shaft still utilising cable :)
>> But not that funny a comment

I didn't realise that it was compulsory for a TIC comment to be funny.
 The ultimate cure for constipation - Ambo
Dave-TDCi, I found most Austrian layby toilets were like this.
 The ultimate cure for constipation - Ted

Blackpool Tower has a glass floor bit......it's now so scuffed that it's virtually opaque.

Unless they've replaced it.

Ted
Latest Forum Posts