Non-motoring > Best recent reads Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 5

Best recent reads - legacylad
Following on from films, my best reads in the past 2 months have been Atonement, a few John Connolly books featuring private detective Charlie Parker, Stuart Maconie Pies & Prejudice, Parisians Graham Robb, and by far the best of all The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. How did he escape my radar? Unputdownable.
 Best recent reads - L'escargot
My best recent reads have been Dames Don't Care by Peter Cheyney, and Corruption by Hank Janson. I didn't let 'er indoors see them though!
 The Hundred-Year-Old Man .... - Manatee
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared, by Jonas Jonasson.

Somebody else must have read this, I'm never with the trend.

www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/mar/04/swedish-bestseller-has-last-laugh

Terrific narrative thread, easy read, very funny. Great holiday reading, unfortunately I decided to check out a few pages yesterday morning and have somewhat neglected my duties since and read the rest of it!
 The Hundred-Year-Old Man .... - R.P.
As mentoned before just read From the Plough, From the City - Alexander Baron. Cracking novel based on an UK army unit from before D-Day.

At the moment reading Mark Thomas (Lefite comedian) Extreme Rambling about the wall along the West Bank. A political slant, but very readable all the same. Well recommended.
 Best recent reads - Westpig
Ed Macy.

Just read Hellfire and am half way through Apache.

Fascinating, riveting, humbling.
Last edited by: Westpig on Fri 10 Aug 12 at 15:26
 Best recent reads - Ambo
Remembrance of Things Past by Proust, second reading since 1954. I have just finished the first part, Swann's Way.
Latest Forum Posts