Non-motoring > Ear hair & hearing aids. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: FotheringtonTomas Replies: 10

Ear hair & hearing aids. - FotheringtonTomas
A relative is rather deaf, and completely misses 50% of conversation. 50% of the remaining is mis-heard, with silly consequences. He won't use his (*expensive*) hearing aid as it's "very uncomfortable", apparently due to ear hair! How can this hair be removed? Any tips to pass on about using hearing aids will be most welcome, it's impossible to hold a decent conversation with the so-and-so. Very frustrating when one knows that in fact there's sane life in there.
 Ear hair & hearing aids. - Bellboy
mouth lots of words but with no voice
that should get him to turn the volume up
 Ear hair & hearing aids. - FotheringtonTomas
"He won't use his (*expensive*) hearing aid as it's "very uncomfortable", apparently due to ear hair!"

Turning the volume up "don't enter into it".
 Ear hair & hearing aids. - smokie
Blowtorch?
 Ear hair & hearing aids. - MD
EH!
 Ear hair & hearing aids. - Dog
I haven't had my hair cut for 14 years but - I seem to remember that the old fashioned gents barber used to sort out the ole ear air IIRC.
Much patience is required when talking to (and being understood by) someone who is mutton.
You have to sit up close and face them, speak normally, don't mumble and don't raise your voice like most people seem to do.
I might add that it can be very frustrating (to both) at times but persevere and you'll get there.
Other people talking in the room at the same time is obviously a no, no.
 Ear hair & hearing aids. - R.P.
Half past two*

* I am qualified to joke about deafness as I am partially deaf in my left ear.
 Ear hair & hearing aids. - BiggerBadderDave
My son is deaf in one ear and we have to make regular treks to the international centre for hearing and speech outside Warsaw. It's a depressing place to be because 95% of the patients are children under five, many of them with cochlea implants, however it is set in beautiful surroundings with horses in paddocks etc.

I was cheered slightly on a recent visit to find that they had erected a huge sculpture of an ear close to the entrance and now I smile to myself because I think if I had commissioned it I would have made them put a hearing aid in it.

I'm hoping it will set a trend actually, it would be nice to see an erection outside the urologist next time I visit.
 Ear hair & hearing aids. - crocks
That's very naughty BiggerBladderDave. :-)
 Ear hair & hearing aids. - maltrap
He needs a device called a "personal groomer" they're very good he'll be buzzing away with it for ages! Try E-BAY.
 Ear hair & hearing aids. - L'escargot
>> How can this hair be removed?

My barber recommended that I do the same as they do with overgrown railway embankments ~ every so often set fire to it. He recommended the same treatment for excess nasal hair.
;-)
Latest Forum Posts