Non-motoring > Freeview BBC1/2 programme info out of date Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Focusless Replies: 16

Freeview BBC1/2 programme info out of date - Focusless
At the moment the current/next programme info for BBC1/2 on our Freeview box is incorrect - for BBC1 it's stuck at 5pm so showing 'Helen's Polar Challenge for Sport Relief' and 'Behind Closed Doors: A Newsround Special', and BBC2 is stuck on 5.15pm and showing the relevant programmes.

In fact flicking through the channels, it's also doing this for ITV3 (ch 10), Film4 (15) and some others - I guess it's related to which multiplex they're on.

The full 'TV guide' listings are ok though.

Anyone else getting this? Box is a fairly old £80 Digihome from Argos which is basically the same as lots of others made by a company whose name I can't remember.
 Freeview BBC1/2 programme info out of date - Iffy
...whose name I can't remember...

Vestel, from Turkey.

www.vestel.com.tr/global/index.html

I have a Digihome PVR in the caravan.

The guide is a bit cranky at times, but it's a good gadget in other respects.

>> Vestel, from Turkey.

That's the one, well remembered Iffy.

The box has been 'freezing' a bit recently as well; you can unfreeze it by just going up/down a channel and back again, but as you can imagine it's a bit of a PITA. Not sure whether it's the box on the way out, or funny reception conditions highlighting design defects in the (relatively) cheap hardware/software.
Last edited by: Focus on Mon 19 Mar 12 at 20:57
 Freeview BBC1/2 programme info out of date - Iffy
There's a software update option on the menu somewhere, although last time I tried it there were no new updates, despite the software showing as being six or eight years old.

A retune might help.

A tip there is to clear all the old channels by unplugging the aerial, tell it to retune, then plug in the aerial and tell it to retune again.

Or manually delete all the channels first - it won't let you delete the last one, which in my case was one of the Christian radio channels.

Have tried a retune a few times recently, namely the automatic channel scan, which warns 'your previous channel list will be replaced'. I'll do it again in the next 'Scott & Bailey' ad break; I suspect it will fix the info issue.
>> I suspect it will fix the info issue.

Yep.
 Freeview BBC1/2 programme info out of date - AnotherJohnH
What area of the country are you in?

Which version lical news?
>> What area of the country are you in?
>>
>> Which version lical news?

Reading, picking up Crystal Palace (IIRC) so we get London.
The freeview epg off CP is OK.

Looks like your box or atmospheric conditions
>> The freeview epg off CP is OK.

If by epg you mean the listings for the next few days then that was fine for me too; it was only the now/next info that was wrong.
Last edited by: Focus on Mon 19 Mar 12 at 21:23
Sorry - I mean now and next as well.
>> Sorry - I mean now and next as well.

Ok - thanks for the info.
Channel 4 and some other channels are doing it now...
 Freeview BBC1/2 programme info out of date - bathtub tom
Hertfordshire residents have been complaining of poor TV reception lately, Crystal Palace transmitter IIRC. High atmospheric pressure and solar flares are the official reason. Others suggest it's work on the transmitter prior to the change over to full digital in the next few weeks.
Thanks tom - I won't rush out and buy a new box just yet then.

BTW I forgot to answer Iffy's question about software updates - I did look into this a while ago and I've got the latest official version, although as Iffy says it's quite old. There have been unofficial versions (4.x?) which attempt to implement more of the proper freeview+ features, but from what I read they can be more trouble than they're worth.
>> There have been unofficial versions (4.x?) which attempt to implement more of
>> the proper freeview+ features, but from what I read they can be more trouble than
>> they're worth.

Actually sounds like 6.8 might be worth a go (currently on 3.7)...
www.vestelpvr.futaura.co.uk/T816.php
 Freeview BBC1/2 programme info out of date - R.P.
It was the same in Wales a couple of years ago during the digital changeover - lots of masts running on reduced power.
Latest Forum Posts