Motoring Discussion > Jaguar - Jaguar fun at the sea!
Thread Author: Slightlyfatdirector Replies: 9

Jaguar - Jaguar fun at the sea! - Slightlyfatdirector
Hi Folks,

For those that are interested the London to Brighton Jag run is on this Sunday and over 300 Jags (including my topless Black XJ-S) will be on display at the end of the run. They will have closed off Madeira Drive (just along from the pier) and at the end of the run all the cars will be lined up there.

A nice sight of all sorts of versions for the early days to modern and looks like it might be a scorcher!
 Jaguar - Jaguar fun at the sea! - XJSguy
Real shame I can't be there with my XJS Celebration 4.0 Litre manual, family commitments :-(
 Jaguar - Jaguar fun at the sea! - BiggerBadderDave
You could take a camera and post a few pics for me, can't make it but would love to see some shots of yours and any others.

I've spoken many times of how driving an XJS improves your love life - you just be careful in Brighton SFD...
 Jaguar - Jaguar fun at the sea! - Zero
no not careful, just choosey.

Sounds like a great day out. We need piccies.
 Jaguar - Jaguar fun at the sea! - Mike Hannon
Hello SFD and XJSguy - nice to see you. ;-)
The locals round here keep sniggering because they see the Beast in the car park at Lidl...
Here's some pix for BBD if the link works (please ignore the tape on the headlights - the proper Cibies are in there now).

www.franco-oldtimers.com/Spots%20%26%20Shoots/Mikes_XJS/
Last edited by: Mike Hannon on Sat 24 Apr 10 at 12:03
What a magnificent motor. In the best colour combination too, I bet you're looking forward to a hot Summer.
:-)))
It's odd - we seem to get less aggro from the sun with the XJS top down than with the sunroof open in the Prelude.
BTW, there's a lot of other interesting stuff on that site.
Yes there seem to be a lot of "lost and found" and "forest find" type albums. I'm always fascinated by those.
He's an amazing bloke - John who runs that site. Lives half an hour down the road from me. I thought I'd got around a bit.
 Jaguar - Jaguar fun at the sea! - Slightlyfatdirector
Ah, piccies are something I have not had time to work out how to put up here via another site. Something for another day.

An eventful day with the first dull, grey and rainy weather for weeks deciding to join us at the start-line. Our entrance into the car park at Hall Place near Dartford was far from the serene wafet-in I had hoped for.

I used the cruise control on the M25 (quiet Sunday morning) at 70ish and when I disconnected it later on in the drive, I could tell all was not quite right.... Gentle downhill gradients with no throttle I was accelerating down which seemed odd. Coming of the M25 I could tell the car was looking to cruise at about 45mph and it was clear the cruise had not completely disengaged. The non-Motorway bit was relatively short but even so I was cooking the brakes trying to keep the car in control. Came into the carpark pretty frightened that the car was about to ignite as dense smoke was pouring from both front wheels. quickly parked the car and jumpped out a bit fearful that I might have to put out a fire with, erm, some 'ingenuity', and hoping the earleir coffees would do the job, but luckily we stopped spoon enough. A kindly guy from the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust wandered over, disconnected the electrical wire from the C/C under the bonnet, touched the bellows between the head and it quickly clicked back into place. Must have just stuck on if it has not been used for bit was his comment. Phew!

A bacon butty and lovely run down to Parham House near Petworth followed, a wander round the house and grounds with some tea and cake and then down to Brighton. Dull grey cloud but warm, so top-down on that section and parked alongside 300+ Jags and Daimlers of various quality and age (including a Lynx Estate XJS!). Some beauties there of all eras, including a new XJ L. Picnic on the front before a trip to the pier with the family.

A great day out!

Latest Forum Posts