Motoring Discussion > Personalised Number Plates Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 12

Personalised Number Plates - BobbyG
Rather than search through a million different companies and their plates for sale, is there a website that you can enter preferred letters/numbers etc and it searches through them all?

Something like a price comparison website?

If not, there is a business opportunity out there for you PU / Zero to pass your retirement time...!!
 Personalised Number Plates - Zero
I am starting a Taxi company in europe.

Next time the airspace gets closed I am shooting off to europe, and I will do taxis from spanish resorts to calais.
 Personalised Number Plates - Ted

DVLA can do this for you. You can also select a vehicle and they will show you what it looks like with the plates on.

I got SWMBO's from them. £250 all in and dead easy to transfer.
Bought as a bribe when new motorbike time came round !

Tede
Yeah Ted but they only list the ones that DVLA have.
But there are hundreds of dealers selling them, who most likley, have bought them all from DVLA at £250 mind you!
Bobby

the guys that sell plates DONT have the plates. They all ( or most) advertise from the same pool of plates.
Zero, thought that was the case for some of them, saw the same plates in various places, inc DVLA website but I assume majority of them have some of their own as well as the big pool of plates?
 Personalised Number Plates - henry k
>> the guys that sell plates DONT have the plates. They all ( or most) advertise
>> from the same pool of plates.
>>
Not entirely true. I sold my old plate to one of these companies.

You can certainly see the same plate on several sites and at different prices.
Most of the various plate brokers offer the same plates. Some B has my personal plate on a Maybach.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 23 Apr 10 at 16:53
 Personalised Number Plates - MD
'B' Reg?
 Personalised Number Plates - Herr Sandwichmann
Can you buy the plates off your old car and transfer them to another?
Just put them on ' retention ' certificate, Crocky. £125 and that includes the £80 transfer fee. We transfer SWMBO's at every car change. DVLA ver helpful.

It amuses me when you see private ads for a particular plate....vendor usually puts ' Unique plate for sale ' For Gawd's sake, apart from clones, they're all unique !

I own CN51 KPR....unique. Anyone want it for 1500 kwid ? No ? I thought not.

Ted
 Personalised Number Plates - Herr Sandwichmann
OK thanks. No intention of doing this myself, but just curious. Once heard a story about a bloke who changed his name to match his registration plate. Sounds like it was just it - a story, rather than fact.

Could be true, Crock....there was a young guy, in Rochdale, I think. he was a serial petty offender, drink, shoplifting, etc.
Changed his name by deed poll to Norti Raskal......style, or what !

Ted
Latest Forum Posts