Motoring Discussion > Diesel - Cheaper in Dover or France? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: a900ss Replies: 13

Diesel - Cheaper in Dover or France? - a900ss
Hi,

Off to France soon and would like to know if diesel is cheaper in France or Dover with current state of pound vs euro.

If you've recently been to France your assistance would be appreciated.
 Diesel - Cheaper in Dover or France? - -
If your route takes you close to Luxembourg, my Sis got Diesel at roughly 91p last week 1/2 mile from Belgie border...several jerries might be a worthy addition to the boot.
 Diesel - Cheaper in Dover or France? - a900ss
Going the other way unfortunately, South West.
 Diesel - Cheaper in Dover or France? - Bromptonaut
Around 1.12-1.17 Euro at Calais supermarkets.

See www.prix-carburants.gouv.fr/index.php for more detail and local pricing elsewhere.
 Diesel - Cheaper in Dover or France? - Perky Penguin
Excellent link from Bromptonaut. As ever the supermarkets are cheaper, there is an Auchan very near the Tunnel terminal, in Coquelles on Rue Roger Salengro. As an aside I did France, Belgium, Netherlands Germany the other day and unleaded was horrendous - Euros 1.55 in Germany!
 Diesel - Cheaper in Dover or France? - ....
>> ...unleaded was horrendous - Euros 1.55 in Germany!
>>
I would check your receipt. At that price I suspect you've put Aral (BP) Ultimate100 in.
 Diesel - Cheaper in Dover or France? - Dr_Rubber
Providing you don't fill up at the actual tunnel, it is likely to be cheaper in France. Petrol is usualy cheaper in the UK.

As for 1.55 euro for petrol, its possible. normal 95RON is 1.45 in my small town, but significantly more on the Autobahn or in big cities.

Joe
 Diesel - Cheaper in Dover or France? - ....
Í noticed the price goes up towards the weekend and back down again after lunchtime on Monday and it will no doubt vary depending on where you are in the country. I am just outside Cologne and here it is 1.37 for 95RON, 1.43 for 97RON and 1.61 for Ultimate100. Diesel was 1.19 last time I looked so I would expect France to be around 1.15 - 1.17.
 Diesel - Cheaper in Dover or France? - Auntie Lockbrakes
Diesel's historically always been cheaper in France. Now that the Euro has taken a bit of a tumble over the weekend it's a safe bet that diesel certainly is cheaper in France. If you're heading to SW France can you pop over the border to Spain? - it's cheaper still over there!
At that price I didn't buy any - it was the posted price at some service station I passed
 Diesel - Cheaper in Dover or France? - Boxsterboy
The cheapest on the autoroute last weekend between Calais and Paris was about 1.23. Still cheaper than Dover. Just.
Euros 1.139 at Auchan calais today which at the tourist exchange rate is £1.04
 Diesel - Cheaper in Dover or France? - Telb
€1.123 at Boulogne's Leclerc last week. Post Office credit card gave 1.13 exchange rate so a quid a litre as near as dammit.
 Diesel - Cheaper in Dover or France? - CGNorwich
"€1.123 at Boulogne's Leclerc last week. Post Office credit card gave 1.13 exchange rate so a quid a litre as near as dammit."

Not really

1.23 / 1.13 = £1.09 per litre
Latest Forum Posts