Motoring Discussion > Don't follow too closely behind an articulated ... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 5

Don't follow too closely behind an articulated ... - L'escargot
......... truck which is about to make a tight turn at a crossroads etc. Recently I watched a car maintaining a short distance behind a truck which was in the process turning left . The tractor unit had to move to the right and then to the left and come back on itself to ensure that the back of the trailer didn't clip the kerb. The car driver was horrified to find that at one point in the manoeuvre the back of the trailer was actually moving backwards! There was much hooting from the car driver, for all the good it was going to do!
 Don't follow too closely behind an articulated ... - diddy1234
Just goes to show that some driver cannot read the road at all.

there are some amazing idiots out there.
Last edited by: diddy1234 on Thu 2 Feb 12 at 12:32
 Don't follow too closely behind an articulated ... - VxFan
>> some drivers cannot read the road at all.

Yep.

A small roundabout on my way to work. All the artics and buses have to initially move over into the RH lane if they want to turn left at the roundabout so they can get the rear end round. Despite the LH indicator being on, some drivers still try and slip down the LH lane and then wonder why they nearly get squished. Some people never learn.
 Don't follow too closely behind an articulated ... - Bromptonaut
Prime location here:

tinyurl.com/8xxgurr (Streetview)

Trucks need to swing out to the right before moving onto the narrow bridge. Yes they could go up Beech Lane but why would they?

Quite common to see someone get too close to rear - particularly ATM as nearby building works bring in low loaders delivering earth moving kit.
 Don't follow too closely behind an articulated ... - Dutchie
In our small town, village we have often have big trucks turning left needing space to do so.

common sense, stop well behind the truck.Maybe a higway code question.
 Don't follow too closely behind an articulated ... - Dave_
>> some drivers cannot read the road at all.

>> there are some amazing idiots out there.

Like the car driver I made space for on the A14 today, who drove past eight signs warning of an upcoming lane closure but only noticed once they'd almost clipped the first dozen cones.
Latest Forum Posts