Motoring Discussion > Jaguar X-Type Estate - Pleasant surprise at car insurance renewal Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Westpig Replies: 11

Jaguar X-Type Estate - Pleasant surprise at car insurance renewal - Westpig
Wife's car is up for renewal.

Last year............£536
This year............£146

Same insurer.

The main difference was a change from an N11 postcode parked in the street, to a PL21 one, parked on a drive way.
 Jaguar X-Type Estate - Pleasant surprise at car insurance renewal - rtj70
You might find it makes no difference being on the drive or on the street. In some areas it would even be cheaper on the street. My wife's is about £2/annum more for leaving it outside.

Renewal came through at about £340... the same company online is about £60 less. Last year the renewal was cheaper than online. The likes of Tesco and Directline are more.
 Jaguar X-Type Estate - Pleasant surprise at car insurance renewal - Injection Doc
when we moved from Sussex to the West Country our insurance plummeted as did our household insurance.
 Jaguar X-Type Estate - Pleasant surprise at car insurance renewal - DP
Same here when we moved from UB8 to GU46. Car, bike and household premiums all roughly halved.
 Jaguar X-Type Estate - Pleasant surprise at car insurance renewal - -
Thats a nice bonus WP.

Are we jealous of your living the life of Reilly in one of the few remaining parts of the country they haven't turned into hell...Yes we are and the best of luck to you...bah.;)
 Jaguar X-Type Estate - Pleasant surprise at car insurance renewal - Iffy
...in one of the few remaining parts of the country they haven't turned into hell...

Hands up who Googled 'PL12' to find out where the old polis is out to grass.

Looks like Ivybridge-ish in South Devon.

I have several relatives around Kingsbridge and Salcombe, although most now reside in churchyards.

Jaguar X-Type Estate - Pleasant surprise at car insurance renewal - movilogo
London postcodes have much higher risk than Devon ones. Not surprising.

The most contributing factor in insurance is post code - not NCB or anything else.

Jaguar X-Type Estate - Pleasant surprise at car insurance renewal - bathtub tom
Just got a quote for the Kia

£68 TPFT

;>)
>> £68 TPFT

Once we've moved to our new house (there's more space for my toys) I'll dig my mk1 Triumph 2000 out of hibernation. I'll see if I can beat that £68 on a classic policy.

Although in fairness that's a very keen price.
 Jaguar X-Type Estate - Pleasant surprise at car insurance renewal - Runfer D'Hills
Give us a rundown on the Triumph WP please! Colour, trim etc. My dad very nearly bought a 2.5 pi but went for a Wolseley 6/110 instead ( or was that the Volvo 144 ? ) Can't remember now. Long time ago.
Deep maroon colour with beige leather. The outside and engine bay is in A1 condition having had a re-spray. The inside used to be the best bit, although it's now getting a bit tired.

The leather interior is ok on all but the driver's seat, which needs replacing, but it all needs some TLC, although i'm being harsh...a quick look and it looks alright.

Carpets are ok ish, but could do with replacing.

It goes very well indeed and has that wonderful straight six sound.

Over the years i've spent well on getting it original, so it's a complete head turner. Was pleased as punch when my brother and a mate's daughter wanted to use it for their weddings..and in fairness to the car it looked the part.
 Jaguar X-Type Estate - Pleasant surprise at car insurance renewal - Meldrew
When I was a classic car owner I had appropriate insurance but some brokers wouldn't quote below £100, as a minimum premium so getting anything in double figures seems to be a good deal.
Latest Forum Posts