Motoring Discussion > One Call Insurance Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Notdoctorchris Replies: 10

One Call Insurance - Notdoctorchris
Just checking quotes for motor insurance which is due at the beginning of January.
A company called One Call seem to offer a good deal. A competitive quote which also includes breakdown and legal cover and monthly finance (I don't need the latter but will take it if it's included at no extra cost).
Does anyone have any experience of this company?
Thanks in anticipation.
 One Call Insurance - -
I have no experience of them, but i often read of thing slike hig admin charges and poor service from some cheap insurers.
The trouble with insurance is you don't know if they are any good till you need them or have to make admin changes.

Would this be any good..www.moneysupermarket.com/c/car-insurance/one-call-direct/reviews/141/

If i use a comparison site as i did this year for the little Citroen when NFU sent in a stonking renewal price, i ran up the price index till i found a company that will hopefully from previous experience be sound, ended up with Coop, have we made the right choice who knows.
 One Call Insurance - Zero
www.freeindex.co.uk/profile(one-call-insurance)_28311.htm

I post this because the good reviews are so obviously fake, they are all written in the same manner.

In short they are just brokers, not an insurer.
 One Call Insurance - Meldrew
One company with a connection to a 1066 battle charge £30 for an address change; that said there could be premium change aspects re revised risk. Another one sometimes advertised by a film director charged me £3 a day to drive in France (fair) and a £35 policy amendment fee (outrageous). I am currently with people who give 90 days a year in the EU at no charge and within a very competitive premium.
 One Call Insurance - FuzzyDuck
I saw this thread on MSE, the OP doesn't think much of them:

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3660237
From the One Call website

"If you have a brand new care, then you want to ensure that it is safe and secure from any type of road accident in the future. Road accident is unpredictable and you do not know when this accident will happen that is why it is always imperative to get a car insurance in order to cover any damages that your car might incur in case of any road accident. If you are looking for the best car insurance for your brand new car, then you can go for One Call insurance coverage. This article will help you find the best car insurance that you need by giving you several steps that you can follow.

There are important factors that you need to know if you want to get cheap and the best car insurance. It will be very helpful if you have incredible your credit rating, because this can help in reducing the interest rate that you need to pay for your car insurance. It is also important to raise your deductible and look for discount as you search for the best car insurance."

I have gone through it quickly and have found several errors of spelling, syntax and general use of our language. If they can't write or spell I don't fancy the ability of their business or the claims dept!
 One Call Insurance - Dave_
>> I have gone through it quickly and have found several errors of spelling, syntax and general use of our
>> language. If they can't write or spell I don't fancy the ability of their business or the claims dept!

Unfortunately that's how a lot of people in the business world write nowadays. At least it has paragraphs.

I recently received a letter from the "School Governor's" about the strikes, sadly it seems nowhere is immune.

Can OneCall incredible my credit rating do you think?? ;)
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Fri 9 Dec 11 at 12:20
More likely to to smack your gob >:)
 One Call Insurance - Iffy
...Can OneCall incredible my credit rating do you think?? ;)...

Dave,

You do have an incredible credit rating - an incredibly bad one. :)

One Call Insurance - Clk Sec
Very slight thread drift...

I've moved after only one year with my existing insurer (no, not One Call!) following the addition of a hefty excess if I choose to have my car repaired by my main dealer.

It wouldn't be repaired anywhere else, that's for Sure.
Last edited by: Clk Sec on Fri 9 Dec 11 at 14:09
 One Call Insurance - Notdoctorchris
Well, thank you everyone.
Especial thanks to you all for doing the research that I obviously could and should have done myself.
I don't see myself using One Call.
I have had a very good quote from Aviva, also trading as "Quotemehappy". Will probably go with them this year and possibly save £100. OK, that's partly because I'm removing courtesy car cover but then I'm not dependent on my car these days.
Latest Forum Posts