Motoring Discussion > SEAT Exeo - Adjusting headlights for Europe?
Thread Author: a900ss Replies: 3

SEAT Exeo - Adjusting headlights for Europe? - a900ss
Hi,

Going to France in a few weeks and apart from actually driving there I'll be doing very little driving otherwise.

Questions regarding headlight beam adjustment are as follows:

Is there a lever on the Seat Exeo to adjust the beam pattern (haven't got owners handbook to check unfortunately?

If not, can I just lower the lights using the levelling adjuster button? Will the french boys in blue be happy with that?

Thanks

a900ss

PS - Regular halogens, not Xenon's
 SEAT Exeo - Adjusting headlights for Europe? - idle_chatterer
IIRC the Exeo is closely related to the old A4 B7 ?

When I had an A4 B7 with the Fresnel halogen headlamps I used the stick-on Metro beam benders when I went to France in winter and just wound the lamps down when I was over in the Summer.

If you don't 'modify' the headlamps I've read that the French police may stop you.

The older A4 B5 and B6s had projector headlamps which had levers to change the pattern, I lost skin trying to do it mind.....
 SEAT Exeo - Adjusting headlights for Europe? - Skoda
I only know for the Xenon's it's a VAGCOM / VCDS job.
 SEAT Exeo - Adjusting headlights for Europe? - Dieselfitter
It annoys me to do it, but I just stick those beam bender things on, as a Gendarme deterrent. We were pulled into a lay-by for a spot check a couple of years ago and I was glad we had them. Perfectly useless, of course. And being tight, I peel them off carefully and recycle them the following year.
Latest Forum Posts