Motoring Discussion > Attention shoppers Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Fursty Ferret Replies: 18

Attention shoppers - Fursty Ferret
At 6am on Christmas Day I shall be driving from Manchester to Devon. This is not something I particularly want to do and so everyone else is banned from the roads until 10am. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Message ends.
 Attention shoppers - Runfer D'Hills
Mind the "specs" on the M6 just north of the M5 junction. Colleague was done by them last week.
 Attention shoppers - Meldrew
At the risk of sounding like my TV alter ego, just stick to the speed limits and ignore the cameras!
 Attention shoppers - Dave_
>> Christmas Day ... everyone else is banned from the roads until 10am

Fine by me, I'll be driving from Leics to Herts to arrive just after midday. Never been for a long drive on Christmas Day before, although from my taxi days ISTR it's ever so quiet on the roads.
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Fri 18 Nov 11 at 17:59
 Attention shoppers - -
Agreed, i've had to work various shifts on Christmas Day before, never covered the ground so quickly, once Christmas Night comes the rev limiter calls..;)
 Attention shoppers - Mike Hannon
Should be pretty quiet in the West.
When I lived near the M5 years ago I used to walk the dog over the motorway bridge on Christmas Day afternoon, whatever the weather, just to see both carriageways completely empty.
The fact that my mother-in-law was always holding court in my front room had nothing to do with it, of course.
 Attention shoppers - Iffy
I've driven on Christmas Day a few times.

Always very quiet.

Best day of the year to drive.

I fill up beforehand, but have always passed filling stations which are open.

Take something to eat and, more importantly, drink.

Attention shoppers - Zero
>> Should be pretty quiet in the West.
>> When I lived near the M5 years ago I used to walk the dog over
>> the motorway bridge on Christmas Day afternoon, whatever the weather, just to see both carriageways
>> completely empty.
>> The fact that my mother-in-law was always holding court in my front room had nothing
>> to do with it, of course.

My mother in law could empty wembley stadium, but a motorway!!! thats a good trick.
 Attention shoppers - hawkeye
I have been banned from banning people from my house on Christmas Day.
 Attention shoppers - Skip
Christmas is a time for families and not for enjoying yourself is what i get told !
 Attention shoppers - Iffy
I'm meeting some of my lot on neutral ground in a hotel.

The three-night Christmas package including all food at this four hotel is a bargain at £350.

www.ramadaplazasouthport.co.uk/

If the company becomes too much, I will play the hip card and retire to my room.

Attention shoppers - R.P.
Hopefully no mouldy shower iffy !
 Attention shoppers - Badwolf
If you've time for a quick festive pint at Southport's finest real ale pub at any point during your stay, Iffy please feel free to contact me through the mods.

Cheers.
 Attention shoppers - henry k
>> Christmas is a time for families and not for enjoying yourself is what i get told !
>>
SWMBO and I are the old folks. We both have virtually no family and NO aggro from that cause.
Our two adult offspring ( with no partners) will be round sometime. Daughter is working in hospital on at least one night shift so that affects timing.
The four of us have a very informal get together and thats how we do our thing.

We all usually visit SWMBOs cousin and his family for a day that is very relaxing.
All the outlaws etc aggro is in the past so my only aggro is SWMBO buying a little too much scoff. I do not envy big families big getogethers and all that. KISS in our setup.
 Attention shoppers - MD
Friends welcome. Family by appointment.
 Attention shoppers - Harleyman
>> Friends welcome. Family by appointment.
>>

Ha! I wish!

Being dragged up to the out-laws sometime Xmas day afternoon for what I hope will be a mercifully short visit.

I shall remember to take a packet of humbugs with me.
 Attention shoppers - legacylad
yep the C word is just around the corner.
Xmas Day see's me walking my mothers dog in the am, probably on the fells twixt Settle & Malham, then getting to my village local on the dot of 12noon, being kicked out at 3.30 after several pints of 'wobbly carpet' for lunch with mother, then early night with a good book.
Boxing Day to my future beloved's and a room full of discarded wrapping paper that only 4 females can generate.
Thank goodness for work on the 27th.
 Attention shoppers - Dave_
legacylad, you need to be here:

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?f=5&t=8646

:)
 Attention shoppers - Pat
I really don't know how it's happened this year but I'm cooking traditional dinner for five of us.:(

They are aware that my cooking is unpredictable to say the least and the back up plan is the Mcdonalds on the A47 if it all goes wrong.

Pat
Latest Forum Posts