Here's a picture of the damage:

tinyurl.com/y3fksko

Last edited by: SteelSpark on Tue 13 Apr 10 at 19:05
 Car damaged by stone, how much to repair? - Iffy
It's been a bad day for superminis:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/8618414.stm
 Car damaged by stone, how much to repair? - VxFan
>> It's been a bad day for superminis:

When asked to do a turn in the road, I don't think that's what the instructor meant.
 Car damaged by stone, how much to repair? - Tooslow
SS, knock out the dents with a big hammer and just take the roof off with a grinder. Just the thing for the summer :-)

JH
 Car damaged by stone, how much to repair? - RattleandSmoke
I guess the first one may be a cat A while the second may be repaired. My friend did exactly that in here then four year old Clio, the insurance company repaired it.
 Car damaged by stone, how much to repair? - Number_Cruncher
If the boulder was properly secured on the truck at the start of the journey (I know it's a big if!), then, I would suspect that chains or other very stiff restraints were used.

The road haulage industry has been slow to catch up with the research work which shows how more flexible yet strong restraints offer a more robust fixing - the findings of the research go against intuition, so, alas, are largely ignored.
 Car damaged by stone, how much to repair? - zookeeper
will the transporter driver get points on his /her licence for losing all or part of his /her load?
 Car damaged by stone, how much to repair? - Bellboy
wheres sylvester when you need it
i taut i taw a lash down device
oh no i didnt
 Car damaged by stone, how much to repair? - Kithmo
Will that cause the accelerator to stick ?
 Car damaged by stone, how much to repair? - Statistical Outlier
I bet the Toyota driver had thought her car was unstoppable as well....
 Car damaged by stone, how much to repair? - Zero
call chips away for a quote
 Car damaged by stone, how much to repair? - Fursty Ferret
It'll buff out.
 Car damaged by stone, how much to repair? - MrTee43
Dent Wizzard is your man to do this.

It's absolutely amazing what they can acheive with their bag of levers etc. Might take him a while though and he might have trouble sticking his reflection pad somewhere !
 Car damaged by stone, how much to repair? - movilogo
Yesterday while driving on M1, a large bin (probably made of plastic) fell from a lorry in my left hand lane.

There was a car in front of me just behind the lorry. That car swerved suddenly to avoid it, I had to swerve to avoid it (fortunately no car was immediately behind me).

Even if the bin had hit me, probably no harm was done to myself, but it something hits @ 60 MPH on the car, at least it would have suffered some damage.

Latest Forum Posts