Motoring Discussion > Private parking...again ! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 5

Private parking...again ! - Ted

Had a neighbour round for dinner tonight, she brought round a Parking Charge Notice from Excel parking who 'police' our notorious local pay and display.
She'd driven in, dropped her son off and gone straight out.......Camera enforcement !

She knows that I've successfully ignored one from the same firm and brought it to confirm what we all now know. She asked me what to do next. I said there were two good courses of action, 1. Ignore it. 2. Roll it up tightly in the shape of a pencil and send it back with instructions of where to insert it.
She opted for the former.

My point about this is...when they ' got ' me, it took nearly nine months to send me the PCN.
My friend got hers in less than 3 weeks !

It makes me wonder if Excel has been given a faster and more efficient access to the DVLA database or do they now have ANPR facilities.......a worrying thought, if so .

Ted
 Private parking...again ! - Zero
> local pay and display

pay and display? not controlled by the council, with Excel as agents is it?
 Private parking...again ! - Ted
Rats and I have mentioned this one before. No council involvement.
Camera clocks you in, you then key your reg into your pay/display ticket. If they don't match or if no ticket issued then PCN follows. Catches a lot of folk who just drop someone off at the offices there. Loads of complaints in local paper and the few shops still there are dying fairly rapidly...two more closed the other week...both long established.

Ted
Last edited by: silence of the cams on Mon 12 Apr 10 at 23:13
 Private parking...again ! - Dog
-----> Had a neighbour round for dinner tonight <-----

?silence of the cams?

Is that a new slant on 'come dine with me'

Private parking...again ! - Zero
thats "come dine by me"
 Private parking...again ! - Old Sock

neighbour....local.....'notorious'.....'loads of complaints'.....knew about your 'incident'...

she still chose to drive in.

forgive me for a lack of sympathy :-(
Latest Forum Posts