Motoring Discussion > Bike run. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 3

Bike run. - Ted

Up early tomorrow, suited and booted for the Big Breakfast run to the Truck Stop Cafe at Prees in Shropshire. Then off to Llangollen and up to the Ponderosa for lunch.
Looks to be a nice day, better than a couple of years ago when there was still snow on the A49
Anyone else going ?

Bit achy tonight, did some work on the Classic today, filled her with oil, put water in yesterday to check for leaks, only a little one, from a drain cock...easy fix.
Turned her over on the starter to get some oil round the system but no HT fitted yet and I need a new fuel pump...a Moggie Minor one will be OK.
The cause of the aches was wriggling in under the dash to connect the gearchange linkages to the box. Absolute swine to do and you can only get your left hand in. then you've got to get the inspection plates back in the toe board...again one handed.
Should start OK when pump, ign and timing are done. Might even beat WPs Triumph to the MOT man !
Looking forward to a rest from the spanners tomorrow ! Getting too old for all this contortioneralization.

Ted
 Bike run. - MrTee43
Had a run out today with a couple of mates. Me on a Fazer 1000 Gen 2, 1 on a BMW K1200s an t'other on an Aprillia RSV.

A run over to Devils Bridge for the obligatory bacon and egg sandwich and coffee, then up and over the Wrynose Pass, up and over another horrible track and then some nice fast sweepers and then back to Devils and then home.

Been a cracking day today, comparatively warm.

Started to plan for the trip abroad down the Route Napoleon and around Millau, not sure how many are going or when but that and a 5 day trip to Scotland on the cards.

Great fun.
 Bike run. - Aaron C. Rescue
Had a couple of bike runs myself, as it happens.

Yesterday: Strathaven->Muirkirk->Glespin->Douglas->Coalburn->Lesmahagow.

2 and a bit hours, in lovely sunshine. Legs were feeling it at the end a bit.

Today: in the car, down the M74, A701, Dumfries, then Mabie Forest. A couple of hours of excellent, not-too-technical singletrack, and only suffered a broken pedal. Woof. Bacon and egg sarnie at the end

Ah- you're talking about motorbikes, aren't you? With engines and that?

;)
 Bike run. - Ted

Engines ? Of course....there's no other way to get 2 wheels moving properly, is there ?

Glad you enjoyed the butty though, ACR. Worth a broken pedal ? We didn't bother going to Llangollen. Prees was heaving with PTWs, lots, lots more than I've ever seen. The car park, all the cafe parking was full and there were bikes all over the road, the petrol station and the ex Little Chef's car park.
One or two continental artics trapped on the car park were stuck for the duration but a couple nearer the exits made good their escape.
Me mate and I decided to come back via some of Shropshire's little villages in the sunshine.
Eventually coming home via Humphwich and Middlewich, stopping for a cuppa and a generous piece of apple crumble with custard at Allostock.

Plenty of cyclists, horse riders and motorists out today as well as us lot.

All in all, a jolly good day out was had by all !

Ted
Latest Forum Posts