Motoring Discussion > Clarkson invited to join SAGA Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 24

Clarkson invited to join SAGA - VxFan
www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/129885/Jeremy-Clarkson-invited-to-join-Saga-/
(no peaking at the babes & retro babes links during works time please )

TOP Gear host Jeremy Clarkson has been invited to join the “grey Brigade” when he turns 50 on Sunday.

Saga, which looks after oldies’ holidays and insurance, wants him to ditch his car and have a holiday on trains, cruise ships or a hot air balloon.

A spokeswoman said: “Let’s see if he can keep up with our over-50s travellers!”

Happy 50th for Sunday Jezza.
 Clarkson invited to join SAGA - Bellboy
i would advise him not to bother
everything they send me i could do better than with just a few clicks
 Clarkson invited to join SAGA - Stuartli
>>..everything they send me i could do better than with just a few clicks>>

Too right...:-)
 Clarkson invited to join SAGA - Zero
yes I found that they are VERY expensive. And you end up mixing with a lot of old fogies.

No thanks

( I did offer to take Nicole on a Saga Holiday for her 50th birthday. I am still suffering for that some two years later)
 Clarkson invited to join SAGA - Buddy
Obtained an motor insurance quote fm them once, and it was outrageously dear - as was everything they subsequently sent me (unsolicited) .. it took several months, then finally a phone call fm Mr Angry, to get them to remove me from their mail list.
Hey, Zero, what's the prob with mixing with your superiors?
 Clarkson invited to join SAGA - borasport
somehow Saga seem to have created the image of some sort of quasi-charitable organisation that sells products and services 'cheap' to the more mature members of society (*) and it appears to be just that - an image. Hopefully a coming generation who are used to price checking everything on the net will wise up to them, as I suspect they get a lot of business from people who assume 'now i'm 60, Saga will be the best bet for me'

(*) I was going to use a less respectful phrase, but then I realise I qualify for some of their products !
Last edited by: borasport on Thu 8 Apr 10 at 17:19
>>,,as I suspect they get a lot of business from people who assume 'now i'm 60, Saga will be the best bet for me'>>

Us old fogies are quite capable of finding out the keenest prices, coupled with good service, on the Net and many of us have done so for quite some time...:-)
 Clarkson invited to join SAGA - bathtub tom
SWMBO and me found ourselves in an hotel frequented by this mob. We noticed the number of pills they all brought to each meal and amused ourselves by buying some smarties and at each meal loudly swapping 'one of my red ones for one of your green'.

We no longer have to buy smarties. ;>(
try the blue smarties, they make you hiper
i was looking forward to popping the plastic lids off at matron when i was in the home with my bib on, but smarties have taken that little pleasure off me so i will only get to throw my porridge everywhere when the time comes
must remember to have no assets over £15,000 though so gordon cant get to it
>>so gordon cant get to it >>

Given a fair wind, Gordon won't be able to get his hands on anything after May 6th.

About time too.
I get this nasty feeling he is not going away
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 8 Apr 10 at 22:59
i get the same feeling :-(
did it not say on the motoring signs on the m1 today
fasten seat belts and vote labour?
 Clarkson invited to join SAGA - Duncan
>> ( I did offer to take Nicole on a Saga Holiday for her 50th birthday.
>> I am still suffering for that some two years later)
>>

If Nicole is 52, how old is Papa?
No idea, I am her toyboy
 Clarkson invited to join SAGA - PhilW
I am insured with Saga - after extensive research on the web about 3 years ago they gave me the best deal. SWMBO has just swapped to them also - cheapest price, low excess and no further charge for taking car on continent.
Not had to share an hotel with anyone else (except SWMBO) insured with Saga yet - didn't realise that was part of the deal - hope it doesn't affect my NCB.
 Clarkson invited to join SAGA - Ted

I've been getting Saga stuff for years, you see their name on the back of the envelope and then just tear the lot in half and bin it.
Looking for a place to put some dosh last year, Saga were pretty good, offering 4.65% gross.
A bit of a comedown from the 6.25% I had been getting with the Leeds.
Anyway, I had a punt, it's actually Birmingham Midshires 3 yr bond. I get a nice chunky bit of interest every month so no complaints there, really.

Ted
 Clarkson invited to join SAGA - madf
I feel too young to use Saga: I don't drool yet.
:-)
>>I get a nice chunky bit of interest every month so no complaints there,>>

..and Saga will be getting its commission as well.....:-)
 Clarkson invited to join SAGA - RattleandSmoke
All the OAPS and people over 50 I know just do everything over the net anyway. I have an 82 year old customer who booked her holiday on the internet! I think SAGA needs to change its business model to keep up with the fact a lot of OAPs are very net savy now and know how to shop around!

Its a bit like Endsleigh insurance its aimed at students but I found other companies offered better deals.
 Clarkson invited to join SAGA - VxFan
>> All the OAPS and people over 50 I know just do everything over the net.....

My parents couldn't even switch on a computer, let alone use one. My father even has great difficulty operating the TV remote.
my mother refuses to have a computer in the house.

(I think it a throwback to the time I soldered a zx81 together on her brand new dinning table)
 Clarkson invited to join SAGA - RattleandSmoke
I know a person who will be now 85+ who used to supliment is income by building PCs!

My grandad learnt how to use computers in one week, he was a very clever man. He wanted to learn the internet so he could book holidays after he recovered from his cancer. Sadly he never recovered but if he was still living now he would have been 84 and probably surfing the net all day as he probably wouldn't be able to drive by now.

My grandmother (his wife) still has the computer but its only for use if other people go round and want to something for her or her younger grandchild stay. She is 81 but there is no chance she will ever be able to use the computer.

Clarkson invited to join SAGA - oldnotbold
I know plenty of late 70s internet users. One lady shops online most weeks, and emails her friends and relatives all over the world daily.
 Clarkson invited to join SAGA - zookeeper
>> I know a person who will be now 85+ who used to supliment is income
>> by building PCs!

but did he explain that PC is short for porcelain commode?
Latest Forum Posts