Motoring Discussion > any vehicle tech spec web sites for older cars ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: diddy1234 Replies: 14

any vehicle tech spec web sites for older cars ? - diddy1234
I was wondering if there are any web sites out there that give the tech specs for older cars.

For example :-

Vauxhall Astra 1.3l
With some googling I can find that the engine produced 75bhp (which is not bad), however I cannot find anything else out (torque, car weight etc).

Same for other cars like Fiat 127 with the 1049cc engine (49bhp i believe).

Me and my mates were chatting the other day about cars we have previously owned and wondered if our current cars have less bhp, torque and more vehicle weight than previously owned vehicles.
So we just wondered.
Last edited by: diddy1234 on Mon 5 Sep 11 at 16:20
 any vehicle tech spec web sites for older cars ? - Mike Hannon
I've found Carfolio.com helpful in the past.
 any vehicle tech spec web sites for older cars ? - madf
Parkers Car Guide gives facts and figures...on all modles.. easy to find and reead...
 any vehicle tech spec web sites for older cars ? - Dave_
Find a similar model for sale on Auto Trader and click on the "Vehicle Summary", "Performance and Economy", "Dimensions" tabs etc.

I can't find any Fiat 127s on there, but there are 3 126s for sale!

bit.ly/ohve85
 any vehicle tech spec web sites for older cars ? - a900ss
Another vote for Carfolio, a great website.
 any vehicle tech spec web sites for older cars ? - VxFan
>> For example :-
>>
>> Vauxhall Astra 1.3l

How far back?

www.vauxhallproductforum.co.uk/category.aspx?mid=2&sid=2&pid=11&cid=316
 any vehicle tech spec web sites for older cars ? - spamcan61
Blimey, a 1977 Victor estate weighs the same as a 2007 Corsa; I know that shouldn't surprise me, but it does.
 any vehicle tech spec web sites for older cars ? - R.P.
My dad had one of them - bench seat column change - overweight I always thought (the car not him)
They always did look rather bloated to me, girl I used to work with had a 3.3 litre one, went like stink (the car....) but rusty as hell at 8 years old. The previous 'coke bottle' FD Victor was much nicer looking IMHO.
 any vehicle tech spec web sites for older cars ? - Alastairw
One of my favoutite teachers at school had a Victor estate. I think it was a 2.3, and he used to tour Europe every summer, visiting all the places he had bombed in the early 40s.
Probably about the same fuel economy as a Lancaster, more comfy though .:-)
 any vehicle tech spec web sites for older cars ? - R.P.
"coke bottle"

That was a very elegant motor - the later one was designated as "transatlantic" - not pretty, the nicer ones were the VX4/90 version with subtle colouring changes - big motor.
Close, 'twas 'Transcontinental', not sure why the hell I remember that from nigh on 40 years ago.

www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C189563

Shows up the slabby lines of the lower trim specs. IMHO; the VX4/90 and Ventora versions were indeed more flattering to the shape. I recall we looked after my uncle's 1800 Victor ES in JCB yellow, it only just fitted in our garage, looked like a huge bee with its black vinyl roof.
 any vehicle tech spec web sites for older cars ? - Bromptonaut
>> They always did look rather bloated to me, girl I used to work with had
>> a 3.3 litre one, went like stink

Father of a schoolfriend had one like that. Estate version, ex police- can even recall the reg SAJ 902H. Can't remember whether it was badged Victor or Ventora though.

This girl's car was an estate as well, the only FE Ventora 3.3 estate I ever saw, bright yellow with 'sunshine floor' due to rust...Her and her boyfriend owned several cars between them, including at least one old XJ6 - the Ventora was actually the smallest engined car they owned!
Latest Forum Posts