Motoring Discussion > American Car show Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Boxsterboy Replies: 7

American Car show - Boxsterboy
A mate of mine organised from scratch an American car show in Raynes Park today, and it all went very well (I went in the 2CV :-) ). There were some really nice motors, my favourite was a 1958 Buick Super Regal which was awarded 3rd prize.

The thing is some of the big modern pick-ups/4x4s had a strange appeal. Maybe just because they are so rare on the roads (probably for a reason). Mrs BB is muttering about a new 7-seater and does v low miles. How about a yank tank on LPG, I was wondering. I know I shouldn't but it is strangely appealing ...
 American Car show - Harleyman
You get a lot of motor for your money, but nowadays there's nothing from America which the Japanese don't do equally well, and usually better.

Downside is they're a sod to park in Tesco's, attract vandals like jam attracts flies, and even converted to gas the RFL ain't going to be cheap.

Low mileage 7-seater? Plenty of cheap Ford Galaxies and the like around which would be much more manageable.
 American Car show - legacylad
Dare you tell Mrs BB to wait until January, buy a nice soft top and ditch some friends?
 American Car show - Boxsterboy
It's not friends that need the seats, it's the kids!
Your point is????
 American Car show - Harleyman
>> It's not friends that need the seats, it's the kids!
>>

I was at a show last weekend, took the old 45 up on the back of the pick-up. Not many American cars down our way so it was a special treat to meet a chap with a magnificent 1936 Buick, who also spoke fluent vintage Harley.

Loads of room for the kids in the back, and so much more class than an MPV!

tinyurl.com/3qgowgu

Not his but very similar; wifey claimed to have photographed all the Yanks on the site but she missed this one! :-(
Last edited by: Harleyman on Tue 30 Aug 11 at 22:36
Wow. So much more character than swmbo's current Insignia ecoflex which ferries us (and 3 daughters when all in attendance) around.
Probably not quite so good in lane 3 of the M62 when making progress.
 American Car show - Kevin
>my favourite was a 1958 Buick Super Regal which was awarded 3rd prize.

You want some Buick pr0n?

www.seriouswheels.com/cars/top-1955-Buick-Roadmaster-Jay-Leno.htm
Latest Forum Posts