Motoring Discussion > Lo Cost Insurance - High Admin Charges Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Meldrew Replies: 6

Lo Cost Insurance - High Admin Charges - Meldrew
A friend is insured with a company who are connected with the 1066 invasion of UK. They have charged him £39 each of the three times that he has moved house in the last 2 years. Further to this there was confusion about how the last charge would be paid, automatic adjustment of monthly direct debit or how, and he got a snotogram telling him to sort it out within 7 days or have his insurance suspended.
 Lo Cost Insurance - High Admin Charges - Alastairw
I am with the same co. Havn't experienced these charges, but then I havn't moved three times in two years. Someone has to pay for the admin, I'm afraid, and I'd rather it was your friend than have it spread out amongst us non movers.
 Lo Cost Insurance - High Admin Charges - R.P.
Speaking to the nice chap from Carole Nash, he told me that the profit on my bike policy in one year was £11.00. They too have expensive admin charges...
 Lo Cost Insurance - High Admin Charges - Suppose
>> he told me that the profit on
>> my bike policy in one year was £11.00.
>>

Good news all round, then. You are happy and they are happy. Very few motor insurance companies make profits.
 Lo Cost Insurance - High Admin Charges - Meldrew
A money grabbing Government can change the address on a driving licence and a V5 for free, SFAIK. On the basis that someone working in a call centre gets £10/hour this implies 4 hours work to change an address in a computer which is clearly carp! If they have keyboard skills it is 2 minutes max. Some insurance companies are using the Ryanair system - quote low and pile on charges which are unavoidable to make a price not that far removed from BA and others

If you change your address the PO will forward your mail for 3 months for free, or used to. Some people have to move from time to time and have no choice.
 Lo Cost Insurance - High Admin Charges - Suppose
>> A friend is insured with a company who are connected with the 1066 invasion of
>> UK. They have charged him £39 each of the three times that he has moved
>> house in the last 2 years. Further to this there was confusion about how the
>> last charge would be paid, automatic adjustment of monthly direct debit or how, and he
>> got a snotogram telling him to sort it out within 7 days or have his
>> insurance suspended.
>>

Good for them, and good for the policyholders who don't keep moving house. It is not as if these companies do not make their charges clear to their customers. BTW, Meldrew, have you checked how much your Insurer wants for admin fees?

Admiral made record profits in the last 6 months, £16 for every £110 turnover; and as a result "5,700 staff will receive £1,500 worth of free shares."

tinyurl.com/3p2rheb

More power to their elbow.

Lo Cost Insurance - High Admin Charges - Zero
>> Admiral made record profits in the last 6 months, £16 for every £110 turnover; and
>> as a result "5,700 staff will receive £1,500 worth of free shares."
>>
>> tinyurl.com/3p2rheb
>>
>> More power to their elbow.

Thats 14% profit. Not brilliant.
Latest Forum Posts