Motoring Discussion > road congestion Green Issues
Thread Author: zookeeper Replies: 6

road congestion - zookeeper
Im off down to kent (deal) sunday il be starting from j23 m1, am i likely to get snarled up any where along the way? M1,M25,M20,A20..will be leaving out at about 9.00am...thanks
 road congestion - Manatee
M25, for absolute George Bernard.
 road congestion - Bromptonaut
That time on a Sunday should be OK from a traffic volume pov.

There are road widening works on the M1 all the way from MK to Dunstable - 15 miles or so at either 40 or 50. Also another long stretch on the M25 just north of the Dartford crossing. Sunday is also a favourite time to do maintenance on the QE2 bridge with southbound traffic using the east tunnel bore at Dartford.

Provided you keep your ears cocked for traffic bulletins on the radio and watch the gantries you should be OK though. In event of probs on the M1 A14/A1/M11 is a viable diversion and I think there's also a fast M1/A1 link recently opened south of MK.
 road congestion - henry k
Check Traffic England before you go.
www.trafficengland.com/index.aspx?ct=true

Select the areas wanted and on the right side panel click on Roadside Message signs.
You can then read the message on any gantry signs along your route.
If roads are lined with red or orange then you might want to divert.
At least it gives you some feedback prior to setting off.
 road congestion - Avant
The A421 between M1 J13 and the A1 runs north-east so not much help if you're going south from the M1. Same applies to the A505 link between the A1 and M11.

If the M1 is going to be a problem (I agree it shouldn't be on a Sunday) then go A14 and A1 down to the M25.
 road congestion - Manatee
If you select 'traffic' on Google maps you can also set a day and time rather than look at current conditions. 11.30 Sunday suggests that the M1 will be slow from MK to Luton, and the M25 from Abbots Langley to Potters Bar, and from the A12 to the Dartford crossing. That's if nothing goes wrong.
 road congestion - zookeeper
thanks everyone...zoo
Latest Forum Posts