Motoring Discussion > Rubbish driving Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 9

Rubbish driving - henry k
What is the excuse this time ? Not an OAP driving :-)

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14568829
 Rubbish driving - VxFan
Bound to have an automatic gearbox.
 Rubbish driving - lancara
...and not using left-foot braking.
 Rubbish driving - devonite
>>and not using left-foot braking<<

I had an "Automatic" for years, and never -ever used left foot braking, why would you? mine was tucked comfortably out of the way! In fact I always thought that "Automatics" were originally designed for one-legged or bi-pedially handicapped folk! ??
 Rubbish driving - WillDeBeest
Rubbish reporting too. I'll forgive them 'stories' because the story was presumably lifted wholesale from a US agency report, but the truck was only ever two storeys up, and if there's any dangling going on in the picture, it's no more than one floor above the ground.

Probably used left-foot typing.
 Rubbish driving - Skoda
>> Not an OAP driving :-)

Over 100 firefighters respond to the scene, and within 30 minutes they were able to rescue 56-year old Robert Legall using a tower ladder truck.

Not that far off it! :-P It's interesting to see a bit of variety. I'd written these stunts off as a mid-to-old lady thing to do.
 Rubbish driving - Dutchie
I know HJ advocates driving a automatic with two feet.I have never done so in a auto.

Strange fello this H.J.
 Rubbish driving - rtj70
My first company car was an auto - a cast off. I'd driven a few autos as hire cars before. I'd never think of using left foot breaking. Why would you if you also drive a manual? It's either accelerator on or off. And braking as required.

I had thought the DSG in a demo car I tried was poor in not creeping. I am sure it was the auto-hold at work. Not that I've driven a DSG car since.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Thu 18 Aug 11 at 23:55
 Rubbish driving - Ambo
Accidents have been caused when when elderly drivers who have come late to automatics (like me) tread the wrong pedal in an emergency and accelerate when they want to brake. This happened to me in a small way. It caused no accident but I gave up autos then.
 Rubbish driving - Skoda
Ahhh at least you'd be going somewhere draiber.

Not like the clown, who shall remain nameless, who went for the clutch in his 0 day old automatic Octy Vrs, despite having already "learned" from the same mistake in his automatic 7er some years previously...

:-)
Latest Forum Posts