Motoring Discussion > Stu - look away now!! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 8

Stu - look away now!! - BobbyG
Just read this week's Auto Express. They took the new £240k Lamborghini Aventador on a 2 day drive to Germany to play on the autobahn.

Car was black and they commented on how dirty it got very quickly and one of the negatives was that when they ran it through a bog-standard machine car wash it ripped the front number plate off!!

Stu - look away now!! - rtj70
>> it ripped the front number plate off!!

Happens on my Mazda. I have to Araldite it back on. Getting the number plate of needs it up on a ramp to open a flap to get at the bolts.

I've not read that bit of Auto Express yet. But I'd have thought taking it in a car cash was asking for damage!
 Stu - look away now!! - Mike Hannon
Lazy, ignorant slobs. Entrusted with a motor like that and they put it through a car wash. I'll bet what they wrote about it was rubbish as well.
 Stu - look away now!! - Stuu
They are clearly morons - to allude to it in the piece they wrote just underlines they cant even see it themselves.

Say what you want about JC, but I cant see him putting one through a car wash.
 Stu - look away now!! - CGNorwich
Do you actually believe the story? It's just popular journalism. Something added to liven up another review. Read one review you've read them all. You need to add something outrageous or funny to spice them up.
 Stu - look away now!! - Lygonos
>> Do you actually believe the story? It's just popular journalism. Something added to liven up another review.

+1
 Stu - look away now!! - rtj70
>> Do you actually believe the story?

The article did have a picture of the car in a car wash though. And some pictures had a front number plate and others didn't. So maybe they were stupid enough to do it.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Fri 19 Aug 11 at 09:31
 Stu - look away now!! - Mapmaker
If you were Lamborghini, how would you feel about it?
 Stu - look away now!! - madf
Most motoring journalists are vandals to both the English language and the cars they drive and have the mental development of a five year old...
Latest Forum Posts