Motoring Discussion > Blue Lights Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 14

Blue Lights - Zero
Ok

So under what laws or regulations does Gordon Brown have blue strobe lights on his car?
 Blue Lights - FuzzyDuck
His own personal car? I doubt he has one, it's more likely to be a unmarked police car.
 Blue Lights - Old Navy
Does he have a driving licence? He doesn't seem to like motorists or motoring infrastucture. Chip on shoulder attitude?
 Blue Lights - Zero
He doesent have a license, he cant drive - eyesight is too bad.. As far as I know the car is not supplied by the police but the cabinet office.
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 6 Apr 10 at 10:48
 Blue Lights - Ted

Slightly connected.......why on earth does the BBC need to spend a fortune on a helicopter to watch a car come out of one gate, drive a short distance and go in another gate ?
Grrr

Ted
 Blue Lights - Old Navy
It's because the person organising it is spending someone else's money, (ours).
 Blue Lights - Old Navy
I hope that BMW drivers don't take up the strobe foglights. :-)
 Blue Lights - Tooslow
Like this... ?

www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97937
 Blue Lights - Old Navy
I notice the "Illegal for road use" in your link, Tooslow, G Brown must operate on a different legal system to us rabble.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Tue 6 Apr 10 at 13:05
 Blue Lights - Tooslow
If he gets back in (God forbid) how long before he has his own lane and a Zil? Be fair, this is the man who saved the world...

JH
 Blue Lights - Old Navy
I thought bus lanes were political escape routes, but they even got them wrong, ours go into town but not out. They certainly don't improve traffic flow.
 Blue Lights - Bellboy
it should be illegal with a very heavy fine to sell those lights to non authoritarian use in this country
and a big hefty fine to users of them
to be honest i have no hack with our non elected prime minister having them on his car though
 Blue Lights - idle_chatterer
>> Like this... ?
>>
>> www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97937
>>

Is that a Prius with the strobe lights in the picture, a supplementary safety function to be used when accelerator sticks or brakes fail perhaps ? ;-)

As in 'get out of my way I can't stop' ........
 Blue Lights - diddy1234
I thought the Prius was a green car not blue. he
 Blue Lights - Dwight Van Driver
Ten two One driver and passenger will be Met Protection officers employed to guard our Gordon (doesn't he need it). In which case the use of the vehicle will be for 'Police' purposes and blue lights allowed under Lighting regs.

dvd
Latest Forum Posts