Motoring Discussion > LPG tax Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: teabelly Replies: 6

LPG tax - teabelly
It was mooted a year or two ago that the tax on LPG was going to be increased so that it would be the same as petrol so the price differential would be reduced. LPG is currently only 70 odd p a litre so is it being continued or quietly dropped?
 LPG tax - Cliff Pope
The proportionate tax is supposed to be pegged until 2014.
 LPG tax - teabelly
Will be interesting to see whether there is a resurgence in LPG conversions.
 LPG tax - -
It's supposed to gradually come into line with other road fuels over a number of years, not as you could ever trust a politician to tell the truth, Dennis Skinner and Tony Benn excepted.

I don't think there's lots more people getting their cars converted, it's such a long term decision, which for me was justified because i want to keep my car till it eventually flakes out....hopefully i'll break even on the cost, it wasn't done with the intention to make a profit as it were, if that were the case the car would have been replaced by a motorised shoe.
 LPG tax - Zero
Just worked out the figures for me, it would take 18 months to recoup the conversion cost.
 LPG tax - Cliff Pope
The smart thing is to buy one ready-converted. They cost no more, and pay for themselves within an hour.
 LPG tax - Mike Hannon
If you buy one already converted in France there's no registration fee at all. And GPL is still about 88c a litre compared with diesel at €1.33 and 95 unleaded at €1.53.
Latest Forum Posts