Motoring Discussion > Citroen C4 Picasso 7-st - Citroen C4 Grand Picasso - opinions please Miscellaneous
Thread Author: andrew2ck Replies: 8

Citroen C4 Picasso 7-st - Citroen C4 Grand Picasso - opinions please - andrew2ck
Went to test drive the Citroen Grand Picasso...Auto apparently on 4 speed with 2.0 liter 16 valve engine)...underpowered...interior-not bad...3rd row seats like Zafira...anyone tried the MPV...opinion please?
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 28 Jun 11 at 13:50
 Citroen C4 Picasso 7-st - Citroen C4 Grand Picasso - opinions please - WillDeBeest
Hello Andrew and welcome. Quite a few of us have recorded opinions here on the C4P - and we have a least one owner. You can find them all with a forum search.

In brief, I tried it, wanting to like it and bought a Toyota Verso instead. The slow-witted semi-auto gearbox makes it almost undrivable, and the speedometer in Milton Keynes means you have to choose between checking your speed and looking where you're going.
Pity, because it's stylish, comfortable and well finished inside.
 Citroen C4 Picasso 7-st - Citroen C4 Grand Picasso - opinions please - R.P.
Moved over to motoring.
 Citroen C4 Picasso 7-st - Citroen C4 Grand Picasso - opinions please - -
Agree with WdB's opinion of the gearbox, dreadful things as are virtually all automated manuals.

Pity though, the 'Lounge' limited edition model based on the 5 seater came with a petrol engine and a super smooth proper automatic box.

Why on earth that didn't find it's way onto the option list, and with the new Berlingo too i shall never fathom.

The only other thing i really dislike is the electric handbrake, which luckily doesn't seem to fail dangerously when 'on' like some makes, but i've had them fail and refuse to disengage...requiring the use of something that looks suspiciously like an IUD found in the tool box for such an event, the use of this facility requires workshop visit as something gets broken by using it.

Citroen C4 Picasso 7-st - Citroen C4 Grand Picasso - opinions please - Mike Hannon
Is it just me who thinks the kinky window line makes them all look like they are sagging in the middle?
 Citroen C4 Picasso 7-st - Citroen C4 Grand Picasso - opinions please - Boxsterboy
I owned one (Exclusive trim) briefly before the drivers seat gave me chronic back-ache and I had to change. I had tried a more basic VTR for a day and that was fine.

The body and interior of the car are very versatile and comfortable in that soft French way, but be VERY sure you can live with the EGS semi-auto. A few can, but many can't. There are some conventional torque converter auto C4GPs out there, but not many.
 Citroen C4 Picasso 7-st - Citroen C4 Grand Picasso - opinions please - ....
Depends what you are looking for.

We took an ex-demonstrator on a 3 year lease in Spring 2009. 1.6HDi EGS Tendance the equivalent of which is the VTR+ in the UK. Our car has the fully automatic climate control not the manual as fitted to the VTR+ as standard and steel wheels not alloys.

It was bought as the main family car for my wife to do the running around in. The height of the car is perfect for lifting small children in and out of car seats and the boot is more than adequate for family shopping + buggy in 5 seat mode.
The boot is tiny in 7 seat configuration just enough room for a stroller type buggy and jackets.
The interior is very well screwed together, not a rattle or creak to be heard and no French elephant backside effect plastic on the dashboard (a Peugeot speciality).

The faults:
A tensioner mounting bolt on the cam belt tensioner failed causing the tensioner to move. resulted in strange noise but no engine damage. Fixed under warranty no questions asked.

Since we took delivery we were only getting mid to high 30's mpg which I thought was odd and had it back a few times to the supplying dealer to look at. Couldn't find anything. Earlier this year, just before the second service was due, I noticed what looked like oil leaking out of the mixer box. Mentioned it when booking in for service, repaired under warranty and fuel consumption now as it should be averaging 49mpg on short, stop-start journeys.

You might want to check the handling and brakes. My wife thinks it's fine but after driving a car you might feel the steering wheel is connected to a sail on the roof rather than the road wheels and the brakes do not fill me with confidence.

Would we have another ? Yes, we are already looking at lease deals for the replacement. My wife loves it especially with the EGS gearbox and extra coolbox which you get in place of the manual gearlever mounting. Horses for courses.
Last edited by: Webmaster on Thu 30 Jun 11 at 09:06
 Citroen C4 Picasso 7-st - Citroen C4 Grand Picasso - opinions please - mikeyb
Had one last year in Spain for 3 weeks as a hire car. It was a 2.0 HDi with the egs box.

I have a C5 so am familiar with the fixed hub wheel set up. The handling is a bit boat like, but not so much as to put me off one. Ride quality was pretty good, and the build quality was surprisingly good - had a nice solid feeling to it.

EGS box wasnt ideal, but was bearable - it had paddle shift to which was nice and made for better progress than in full auto.

Virtualy no stowage in the boot with 7 seats, but they are 7 proper seats rather than a bench.

We would have considered one, but its not quite big enough for us and we need a full size MPV for Mrs B
 Citroen C4 Picasso 7-st - Citroen C4 Grand Picasso - opinions please - nyx2k
i had one for 3yrs and it was a well put together and very comfortable car
i wish id bought another one instead of getting something smaller. yes the rear seats are a little small but altogether id rate it way way above a zafira or anthing else the same size.
when im due for a new car next year then i'll be getting another c4 grand picasso.
Latest Forum Posts