Motoring Discussion > New Museum of transport opens 21st June (Glasgow) Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 7

New Museum of transport opens 21st June (Glasgow) - Falkirk Bairn
The Museum will be moving to the new purpose-built Riverside Museum in Glasgow Harbour on the Clyde, designed by Zaha Hadid Architects and engineers Buro Happold.

The museum at Kelvin Hall closed on 18 April 2010, but it will reopen at the Riverside Museum 10 AM on Tuesday 21st June

Trains, cars, trams.............£74m it should be good
 New Museum of transport opens 21st June (Glasgow) - Skoda
Bit less accessible location, and i doubt the parking's much better in the new place!

Wish them all the best though, was a pretty good museum. Not been in years though.
 New Museum of transport opens 21st June (Glasgow) - Old Navy
When at the Kelvin Hall site it was a good day out, the new one should be well worth a visit.
 New Museum of transport opens 21st June (Glasgow) - commerdriver
Got to be worth a visit, I remember it in the old tramcar depot in Shields Road, My kids always used to love the Kelvin Hall one when they were small & visiting grandparents.
 New Museum of transport opens 21st June (Glasgow) - BobbyG
Saw a clip on tonights news about it and it looked great.

However, they seem to have went arty-farty with displays off cars on floating "shelves" up a wall. Good to look at but means you can't get up close.

I liked Kelvin Hall for that - you could get up close to the vehicles.

Our Hospice has been invited to lunch there for 3 days next week so looking forward to that.
Last edited by: Pugugly on Wed 1 Jun 11 at 20:27
 New Museum of transport opens 21st June (Glasgow) - movilogo
I visited this museum 8 years back and enjoyed it. It was free and much better than paid transport museum in London and many other places.

New Museum of transport opens 21st June (Glasgow) - colino
Saw a bit of the news item and was slightly worried that four examples of the museum pieces I bought, ran and traded, what feels like, not so long ago!
 New Museum of transport opens 21st June (Glasgow) - Skoda
That must be a pretty decent feeling, having run what are now museum pieces. Good little claim to fame too!
Latest Forum Posts