Motoring Discussion > How to describe Lewis Hamilton's driving. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 27

How to describe Lewis Hamilton's driving. - henry k
The Aussies have a way with words :-)

You could describe to include "deliberately lose traction".
Or you could describe him ....
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8592317.stml

How to describe Lewis Hamilton's driving. - Zero
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8592317.stm

Always call a spade a shovel the aussies!

I have hooned a ute round a dirt car park in Aus, its a national sport.

Last edited by: Zero on Mon 29 Mar 10 at 17:08
You heard it here ( after 30 sec advert)
tinyurl.com/ykeynzq

p.s.
The MB has been collected and other info
www.theage.com.au/national/road-safety-campaign-risks-spinning-out-of-control-20100329-r8an.html

Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 29 Mar 10 at 19:35
 How to describe Lewis Hamilton's driving. - VxFan
>> news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8592317.stm

404 - Page Not Found
Last edited by: Pugugly on Mon 29 Mar 10 at 20:03
>> >> news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8592317.stm
>>
>> 404 - Page Not Found
>>
works every time for me.
>> works every time for me.

It's working ok for me now too. It might be my PC. I've been having a few problems lately with it.
 How to describe Lewis Hamilton's driving. - R.P.
Sorry - my little joke - there was one letter missing at the end of the link so I fixed it.
 How to describe Lewis Hamilton's driving. - L'escargot
Childish. I expect an F1 driver to have a greater control of his emotions than that.
 How to describe Lewis Hamilton's driving. - Boxsterboy
Lewis is just doing what all young men do.

My only query is why a thread on his driving is in the 'Non-motoring' forum?
 How to describe Lewis Hamilton's driving. - R.P.
I was wondering that as well - Screech of tyres as he thread accelerates across to Discussion !
>> Screech of tyres as he thread accelerates across to Discussion !

We'll have none of that hooning here young man ;o)
 How to describe Lewis Hamilton's driving. - FotheringtonTomas
>> none of that hooning here

What is that? I have just had to look it up in my "Concise Oxford", and it isn't there.
 How to describe Lewis Hamilton's driving. - Alanovich
"Offering access to one's Government contacts to private industry for financial gain."

It'll be in next year.
 How to describe Lewis Hamilton's driving. - crocks
...along with "Byers beware".
>> What is that?

What the Aussies accused Lewis of doing.

tinyurl.com/yhf9ofm ;o)

tinyurl.com/ycd9ywn
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 30 Mar 10 at 13:43
 How to describe Lewis Hamilton's driving. - L'escargot
>> Lewis is just doing what all young men do.

I expect an F1 driver to be more mature than that.
I didn't do it because firstly I couldn't afford a car with that much power and secondly I couldn't afford to scrub rubber off my tyres in such a wanton fashion.
I did do it - but only on the corners and in the wet.
All 36bhp of the Ford Popular's power through the 5.20x13 remoulds. The tyres only lasted a couple of thousand miles and then I had to pay £2 each for new ones.

How to describe Lewis Hamilton's driving. - Mike Hannon
>> Lewis is just doing what all young men do.

Is he still regarded as 'young' then?
When will he be expected to be 'grown up'?
The Mirror
Race legend Sir Sterling Moss said of the Mercedes incident: "These things happen. He's only 25 and one of the finest drivers, and he got keen... they [pals] egged him on.

"It's a stupid thing to do and I'm sure he knows that. I'm sure his father and family will have a go at him so he's got his own problems."

What Sir Stirling Moss said ( after the advert)
itn.co.uk/1145e63b44313cefb084d307f43abff1.html

How to describe Lewis Hamilton's driving. - Armel Coussine
>> I expect an F1 driver to be more mature than that.

Why? Sports stars are quite likely to be less mature (whatever that is taken to mean) and 'rounded' than their contemporaries, having concentrated on one thing through their whole adolescence and youth.

Quite apart from that, there's nothing particularly immature about hooning and 'deliberate loss of traction'. It may be pointless and extravagant, but it's popular in the Antipodes and I don't think at all badly of Hamilton for doing it. He isn't a 'd*******', but a local minister who bothers to comment on a thing like that is one. Frankly I don't give a toss for Oz's new hard line on hooning. I don't agree with it.

d*******s of the world, join facebook and twitter and make friends with each other.
 How to describe Lewis Hamilton's driving. - SteelSpark
How to describe Lewis Hamilton's driving...not as good as Jenson Button's

I personally can't stand the guy. He might be talented, not as much as the aforementioned Mr Button, but talented nonetheless...but he has a terrible attitude

The number of times he sulked last season, and said that it really wasn't worth bothering with the rest of the season, that they might as well just start getting the car ready for 2010 instead.

And no, I don't think that is the mark of a born winner who hates to lose, a born winner who hates to lose would be determined to turn the season around, not just say that he probably wouldn't be world champion, so why bother trying to get as many point for the team (a team that pay him a fortune to give them his best).

And he always has an excuse, whether he is caught lying the stewards, losing races, or driving like some kind of chav.
 How to describe Lewis Hamilton's driving. - John H
>> How to describe Lewis Hamilton's driving...not as good as Jenson Button's
>>
>> I personally can't stand the guy. He might be talented not as much as the
>> aforementioned Mr Button but talented nonetheless...but he has a terrible attitude
>>

I like Lewis. Button is a whinger. Today's autosport says
"Hamilton had pulled off a four-wheel drift as he exited the circuit roads onto the public highway on Friday night – lighting up the rear tyres with behaviour that countless grand prix winners before him, and no doubt after – share when let loose behind the wheel. In years gone past, stories of Gilles Villeneuve and Didier Pironi racing from Monaco to Maranello at break-neck speeds, or Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna banging doors with McLaren boss Ron Dennis in races through downtown Budapest, have gone down in F1 folklore. But for Hamilton, his actions unfortunately took place right in front of a policeman and resulted in an unprecedented international incident. The Victorian State is hugely keen to stamp down on the number of young men killed in road accidents – so has introduced strict 'anti-hoon' legislation. And that is what Hamilton fell foul of. He definitely did the right thing in sticking his hands up, admitting he had been a bit silly and apologising."

I saw the 2010 Mellbourne race differently from my prejudiced point of view. It would have been anohter boring event like Bahrain except for the overtaking moves by Hamilton, Webber and Alonso. The rain did not play much part because the wet tyre stint happened mainly during the slow safety car period. Hamilton contributed the most to the whole show. Button only overtook once, just after his new slicks were at the right temperature and he got past Kubica on a cold set of new slicks. Then followed a boring race by Button. Contrast that with Hamilton. He overtook Jenson early on, and got up to 4th or 5th. But he then got held up in the pits due to the new traffic rules and came out 9th or 10th. From there he drove skillfully to get to 3rd before McLaren made the call to bring him in for fresh tyres because they saw Webber and others putting in very fast laps on fresh rubber.
 How to describe Lewis Hamilton's driving. - kensitas
What twiddly little narrow minded whinginess the Aussies show sometimes (not to mention some posters on this thread too!) - it reeks of gamesmanship as well - do anything you can to put off the opposition before the 'big match'.

So what if LH burned a bit of rubber - I'm sure he was in control, probably much more so than Webber was during the race - when he crashed into LH...

It seems the Aussies are all becoming Dame Edna Everidge's - all pointy fingered, disapproving & provincial.

LH was best in race by far - only unlucky with the pit 'advice' & non-contributory crashes. He
attempted & made several excellent overtaking manoeuvres & could/should have won. Watch this space.

Last edited by: kensitas on Tue 30 Mar 10 at 16:52
 How to describe Lewis Hamilton's driving. - madf
Lewis Hamilton is a one trick pony.

Closes down computer and runs away....
 How to describe Lewis Hamilton's driving. - swiss tony
IMHO Lewis is overrated, I class him slightly better than average (in F1 terms - better than me in general terms ;-) ) and Id also say, he has been lucky at times.
During his championship season, I said that IF he became world champion that year, it would be a bad thing for all concerned, and I feel vindicated in having said that.
He (again IMO) has got too big for his boots, far too cocky, and extremely prone to spiting out his dummy when things dont go his way.
Pity really, as, with experience I do think he could improve - as long as he doesn't had a big off that ends his career first - I have a bad vibe that he wont be in F1 in his 30's......
Last edited by: swiss tony on Tue 30 Mar 10 at 19:15
 How to describe Lewis Hamilton's driving. - kensitas
>>Lewis Hamilton is a one trick pony.

Like he can only drive F1 cars very quickly while his dancing & cookery skills are pants?

How to describe Lewis Hamilton's driving. - zookeeper
stick all the drivers in identicle cars...then see whos the best?
The nearest thing to that is GP2 where a lot of the present GP drivers raced and Lewis Hamilton won the championship in 2006.
Latest Forum Posts