Motoring Discussion > KIA - When's the new Optima coming to the UK? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Auntie Lockbrakes Replies: 10

KIA - When's the new Optima coming to the UK? - Auntie Lockbrakes
Or will it have a different name in the UK? There's nothing on the Kia homepage. Or does the UK no longer buy any mid-size saloons (ref. decline of the Mondeo)?

Cracking looking car IMHO - I can see elements of Jag, Lexus IS200, and - ahem - the Laguna in the stying. Priced over UK20k down here though, which is a tad disappointing.
 KIA - When's the new Optima coming to the UK? - lancara
July according to Autocar
 KIA - When's the new Optima coming to the UK? - RattleandSmoke
Not sure if it can have any market, this market is all about the badge, it doesn't matter how good the Kia might be the snobs will walk away. The car could be better than a 3 series in every way but it will still loose its value quicker than a Lada Kelina.

Would probably be a great car second hand, but who would pay £20k for a Kia the size of a barge?

I must point out I have nothing against Kia, and consider the Cee'ed to be as good as the Astra or Focus and the new Picanto coming out this year looks very good.
Last edited by: RattleandSmoke on Sun 8 May 11 at 03:08
 KIA - When's the new Optima coming to the UK? - -
Is this the new Magentis i'm eagerly awaiting?

As for depreciation, i don't see current shape Magentis's (Magenti'?) or equivalent Sonata's going particularly cheap anywhere...previous models, yes, worth buttons, exactly like every other mass market make then.
 KIA - When's the new Optima coming to the UK? - Mr Moo
According to the KIA UK website, 'late 211l:-

www.kia.co.uk/New-Cars/new-models/Optima.aspx

New Rio looks intersting too, with CO2 emmissions less than 85g/km and economy also around 85 mpg. 1.1 diesel, so not very quick though...

KIA - When's the new Optima coming to the UK? - Zero
>> Is this the new Magentis i'm eagerly awaiting?
>>
>> As for depreciation, i don't see current shape Magentis's (Magenti'?) or equivalent Sonata's going particularly
>> cheap anywhere..

9 grand. They are quite rare tho as the facelift wasnt for very long (2 years approx) As for "current" it was phased out in 2010.
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 8 May 11 at 20:18
 KIA - When's the new Optima coming to the UK? - Avant
It'll struggle for sales in the UK, like all big cars from 'non-prestige' makers. As per the other current thread, even the Mondeo is out of the top 10, and that's generally agreed to be a good car.

The Mondeo and the Insignia are propped up by fleet sales, but private buyers who buy big cars either have to go for something that will hold its value reasonably well or buy secondhand.
Last edited by: Avant on Sun 8 May 11 at 15:42
 KIA - When's the new Optima coming to the UK? - RattleandSmoke
The Honda Accord still seems to be very popular as a private buy. I know somebody who paid £32,000 for one, although they did win nearly a million.
 KIA - When's the new Optima coming to the UK? - mikeyb
Is it the same platform as the i40

www.hyundai-car.co.uk/newCars/i40/

I think its a nice looking car, and the long warranties may allow it to hold value a little better. If you are a private punter planning to run it for years then the depreciaition is less of a factor and the 5 or 7 year warranty is more important to you
 KIA - When's the new Optima coming to the UK? - Skoda
>> I think its a nice looking car

It is a nice looking car, but i wonder why they called it an i40, they could have just gone the whole hog and called it the Hyundai Insignia :-)

Nice car though, and if it were my money, i'd probably pay more attention to this than the Vx lookalike.
 KIA - When's the new Optima coming to the UK? - Boxsterboy
>> The Honda Accord still seems to be very popular as a private buy. I know
>> somebody who paid £32,000 for one, although they did win nearly a million.
>>

And they'll have soon spent their million if they carry on in that vein.
Latest Forum Posts