Motoring Discussion > Nissan NV200 van and MPV - Taxi - NY Yellow Cabs go Greener
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 10

Nissan NV200 van and MPV - Taxi - NY Yellow Cabs go Greener - Falkirk Bairn
New York taxis to change to Nissan NV series - £600m contract for Nissan Mexico Factory.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13276404

Looks a bit odd but more functional and better mpg than the Ford Cabs of today
 Nissan NV200 van and MPV - NYC going Japanese/Mexican - R.P.
You think they'd back an American product - if of course there was one in contention.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13276404
 Nissan NV200 van and MPV - NYC going Japanese/Mexican - jc2
And a big selling van in the US is the Transit Connect(built in Turkey)-it's imported as a passenger vehicle(5% duty)rather than as a van(25% duty) and has the seats removed before it is sold.I hired a car in the US and was given a Chevrolet but found it had been built in Canada!
 Nissan NV200 van and MPV - NYC going Japanese/Mexican - Iffy
The California Highway Patrol (CHiPs) used Kawasakis tricked up with footboards and so on to look like Harleys.

The reason given at the time was the Kwackers didn't break down, but the Harleys were off the road as much as they were on it.

Nissan NV200 van and MPV - NYC going Japanese/Mexican - Pat
Harleys are only meant for posing....we all know they don't really do the business!

Pat
 Nissan NV200 van and MPV - NYC going Japanese/Mexican - Boxsterboy
So New York gets crappy and cheap little Nissan cabs whereas London get posh expensive Merc Vitos (or even more expensive London taxis). I wonder why cab rides in London are so dear?

I seriously wonder how long these Nissans will last on the streets of New York?
 Nissan NV200 van and MPV - NYC going Japanese/Mexican - Alanovich
Well BB, crappy, cheap Crown Victorias seem to have lasted.

Bit of a shame aesthetically speaking that they've gone for a van shaped cab. I love the sight of long, low slung saloon taxis snaking through NYC.
 Nissan NV200 van and MPV - NYC going Japanese/Mexican - R.P.
I suppose they're that shape as there is a requirement for wheelchair access.....
 Nissan NV200 van and MPV - NYC going Japanese/Mexican - bathtub tom
>> Harleys are only meant for posing....we all know they don't really do the business!

He's not biting!
 Nissan NV200 van and MPV - NYC going Japanese/Mexican - Iffy
...He's not biting!...

He'll be offloading a couple of pallets of feed in some smelly farmyard in Welsh Wales.

Should put him in the humour to deal with a Harley basher.
 Nissan NV200 van and MPV - NYC going Japanese/Mexican - Routemaster
IIRC correctly when in NY last March there are already non-Ford minivans being used for taxis. I recall the one we got back from NYC to JFK being some form of Mazda.

RM
Latest Forum Posts